Sine Wave Entertainment is seeking an experienced, enthusiastic and self-motivated community professional to develop and grow the Sinespace community and lead the community team. The ideal candidate has a deep and intrinsic understanding of how communications, content, social media, dank memes, content creators, influencer relationships intersect with each other, and is adept at crafting community plans that cohesively bring all these elements together. They are a tireless advocate for the voice of the player, continually seeking to build bridges, trust, and foster constructive dialogue with the community.
- A minimum of 5 years experience building communities, collaborating with partners, managing talent, and supporting live events and in-game events in a related field or on major consumer brands.
- Experience working on online games and managing and growing MMO/virtual world communities.
- History of exemplary product and brand communications and copywriting.
- In-depth knowledge of the current community and content distribution channels, and the role they play in community and publishing strategy.
- Highly organized, proactive self-starter, with demonstrated ability to plan and self-manage concurrent content pipelines and programs.
- Ability to think on your feet, both strategically and creatively and prioritize a large workload effectively.
- Experience working with 3rd party gaming communities and content creator.
- An agile learner who loves learning and quickly and confidently acquires and uses new skills, the ability to multi-task is necessary to succeed in this role.
- The ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills (will be writing in communications channels)
- Experience with the virtual world, MMO, ESports.
- Our community members are predominantly US based so a candidate in this region or comfortable working in this time zone is preferred.
Roles and responsibilities
- Contribute to content strategy and player-facing communications, including active engagement on community channels both online and offline and reactive messaging
- Manage the team of existing Community Managers, ensuring ongoing training and development.
- Develop and execute key community initiatives including contests, events, content partnerships, and influencer/streamer programs
- Manage event calendars and milestones, delivering content to cross-functional teams
- Identifying potential new creators while supporting and building long-term relationships with existing partners
- Establishing player feedback loops with players and dev teams, providing meaningful reporting on community sentiment, concerns and suggestions
- Generating compelling content and engaging in meaningful interactions with players and content creators.
- Providing feedback to teams on the community's general sentiment, new ideas, and top concerns
- Organizing large scale regular communication strategy on development topics, ongoing updates, and where necessary.
Please note this is a remote-based, permanent role with an immediate start required.