Videogame Lead Marketing Analyst (Remote)
Seismic Squirrel LLC
Job Title: Lead Marketing Analyst
The Game: A steampunk-themed rogue-lite turn-based 2½D tactical vehicular RPG set in an alternate history 1930s gangster New York.
Role: Developing and implementing strategies to engage with players and pitch the game to publishers.
Experience: Mid-Senior Level, 8+ years of professional work in videogame marketing. Must have successfully shipped at least one title.
Location: Issaquah, WA, USA (Remote)
Company Size: 10
Pay: $38 - $52 USD per Hour – Depends on skills and experience.
Job Type: Contractor (Remote)
We are looking for a creative and resourceful Lead Marketing Analyst to join our team and help us market our game. This position involves engaging with our prospective player community, building enthusiasm for the game, pitching the game to potential publishers, and continuing to directly engage with our player community after the chosen publisher takes over promotion and influencer management. This is a hands-on role. It demands a clear understanding of the videogame market, especially turn-based tactical games.
The ideal candidate communicates effectively in a small cross-functional team environment, clearly presenting their ideas to stakeholders for signoff. They should have a passion for working within an iterative development environment, bringing a collaborative spirit and an enthusiasm for videogames.
This is a remote contractor position which requires regular collaboration online during our Seattle-based work hours (10:00 AM – 5:00 PM), attending relevant team meetings (e.g. daily scrum, retrospectives, sprint planning, design meetings). Occasional calls during late evenings, nights, and early mornings should be expected for international meetings with external contributors.
The option to convert to a full-time employee position may become available depending on job performance, team dynamics, project schedule, ongoing needs of the company, pay rate, and the candidate's location. Converts must be authorized to work in the USA. H1B transfers and sponsorships are not available.
For more information about Seismic Squirrel, go to http://www.SeismicSquirrel.com/
- Work with the Management team to develop marketing strategies for the game and to ensure accurate brand representation.
- Work with the Management team to develop a marketing budget and schedule.
- Work with the Development team on both short and long-term project planning.
- Develop and implement a measurable community-focused strategy for promoting the game and growing the community, from pre-launch, through launch, and sustaining post-launch.
- Coordinate with the Writer to release news, media briefs, articles, blogs, and the like to keep the community engaged and updated on what the team is working on.
- Manage the game's website and social media channels, including Discord, Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest, serving as the public face of Seismic Squirrel.
- Work with the Design and Art Departments to promote the game using its deep lore, novel mechanics, and rich visual assets.
- Understand the game's market and advise on market trends, best strategies for promotion and pricing, competitive analysis, and the like.
- Engage with players where they are (platforms, channels, forums, events) as a representative of the Seismic Squirrel Development team and a lead member of our game's player community.
- 8+ years of experience in videogame marketing with at least one shipped game in a marketing role through the full lifecycle of game development.
- Has direct experience with marketing, communications, and community management in games.
- A tactical marketer with a gut sense for how to communicate specific messages effectively.
- Experienced with social media, website management, community engagement, and publisher and influencer relations.
- Possesses a strong understanding of the global videogame market.
- Experienced working with Discord communities, Steam Forums, and other similar platforms.
- Demonstrates leadership skills through proactive problem solving and diplomacy.
- Understands the unique needs and opportunities developing games for PC and console.
- Deeply familiar with many games and genres and platforms, both past and present.
- Guided by strong self-discipline, a motivated, proactive self-starter with a drive for excellence.
- Organized and detail-oriented, yet able to work fast and loose when needed.
- Open to working flexible hours to support our distributed remote team environment.
- Courteous and patient, able to give and receive constructive and inspirational feedback.
- Positive and encouraging, with a friendly and professional attitude.
- Able to work effectively with people having a variety of personalities and backgrounds.
- Able to manage projects and responsibilities in a fast-paced agile environment.
- Adaptable: The job can change according to the needs at hand and requires wearing various hats.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, resourceful, able to simplify complex problems.
- Creatively balances and prioritizes tasks and responsibilities to meet deadlines, working within agreed timeframes and budgets.
- Able to work remotely using various collaboration tools and techniques.
- Strong written, visual, and verbal English language communication and presentation skills.
- Passionate for the videogame industry and a desire to grow within it – a gamer through and through.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Visio.
- Proficient in visual graphics tools: Adobe or Corel.
- Enthusiastic to learn new tools and technologies.
- Experienced managing websites using Wix.com.
- Fluent in a Western foreign language.
If this sounds like an exciting opportunity for you, please submit both your cover letter and résumé to Seismic Squirrel.