Duration: Approximately 6 months
Applications Closing: 11.08.2020
Rivers and Wine Studios are working on their upcoming title Upside Drown, a game with a strong focus on emotions and story.
Upside Drown won multiple awards already and early concepts of the game could be playtested on several occasions before. Now the team is taking a step back from the public and focusing on developing the game.
ℹ️ About the role
As Character Artist, you are working closely with our Art Director. You will create the main character of the game and several NPCs.
- Close collaboration with Art Direction and Concept Art
- Creative and autonomous interpretation of 3d concepts or inspiration materials
- Development of stylized character 3d assets
- Rigging of character 3d assets
- Optimizing character 3d assets (Edgeflows, UV-Maps)
- Texturing will be reworked by our Texture Artists
- Very strong knowledge of 3D modelling software like Maya, Blender, etc.
- Very experienced in character modelling
- Experienced with stylized character modelling
- Very experienced in character rigging
- Good eye for composition and a sense for scale and distances
- Good feeling for style, mood and atmosphere
- The studio language is English
- Strong knowledge of texturing software like Substance Designer, 3DCoat, etc.
- Good character animation skills
- Good understanding of Art pipelines
How to apply
Use the Apply To button and send an email with your detailed application.
Please include the job-title you're applying for within the subject and include a reference to this job advertisement in the email. Please let us know your preferred working times and location.
Include your basic CV with all relevant information and prior experience.
We are happy to review any further documents or media you are sending us, however, please make sure to attach any files or provide a single download-link to anything you want to show.
Note down clearly what exactly you are responsible for in any portfolio-works you send us.
Applications for this job-advertisement close on 11.08.2020. You can expect an answer from us within 1 working days after that. As a next step we are inviting you for a skype call or visit at our offices to get to know you. For the final decision we will give you a small test-task to work on and present in front of our Art-Director and Creative-Director.
About the company
Rivers and Wine Studios was founded in October 2019 in Cologne. We are aiming for high-quality game productions with a strong focus on content for unique and new IPs.
For that, we take on a creative and artistic approach, to create worlds that can be filled with stories, games, meaning and emotions.
With around 10 employees we focus on the core production and development, outsourcing additional work to other studios and freelancers.