Reanimated Digital is a new indie studio with secured funding looking for an Art Director with ample experience for our tenured team. We are working on a grassroots, 3D MMORPG with unique features and are looking for passionate developers to join in early in our growth.
Our Art Director role is open to artists and leaders with experience in making consistent visual styles for art projects, as well as communicating their work effectively and concisely with studio leadership. You will join an exceptional team of industry professionals with expertise in the field who will trust you to self-manage many aspects of your role.
You will be given the freedom of self-selecting your hours to meet your weekly responsibilities. Your job will have you be responsible for the visual style of the game and its consistency across the design space. You will work as leader to a team of artists to create and maintain a stylised art direction for the game and other art assets.
- Creating and maintaining artistic vision for the whole project to ensure a uniform concept throughout the whole live service of our MMORPG release.
- Working with other disciplines, such as development, animation and more, clear written and verbal communication skills are very important to us.
- Create visual prototypes (e.g. sketches, storyboards) to make a fantastic visual style for the game.
- Lead the Art team, guiding other artists through constructive critique and develop artistic style guides for the team to make sure that the vision and direction are understood.
- Be part of the hiring process for Art team members
- Participate in weekly leadership meetings and scrums to keep the team aware of what you are working on.
- Work with Project Manager to organise Art team meetings to provide your team with feedback on performance, monitoring and training the team to best achieve Art goals.
- Ample experience with implementing strong visual/graphic design skills including screen layout, compositions, illustrations, iconography, typography, colour theory, branding and art direction.
- Outstanding proficiency in designing for video game development with deep understanding of the digital entertainment world and it’s technologies, technical constraints and terminologies, especially implementing art into Unity.
- Ability to communicate your creative vision, processes, decisions to both your team members and company stakeholders including management and developers.
- Enthusiasm for and interest in mentoring other people around you to best get results from your team.
- Awareness of current trends in social media, video games especially MMORPGs.
We encourage you to apply even if you do not meet the above guidelines as we are always interested in expanding our team with talented and like-minded individuals.
How to apply:
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to organise a time for an interview. Please include a copy of your CV, especially including a summary of your experience managing a team, or working at other game development studios. We would like to see a portfolio of your previous work, especially on 3d models.
We look forward to hearing from you.