Who We Are
PowerSpike is a media & technology company focused on building the most compelling and streamlined destination for activating sponsorships within gaming communities. PowerSpike collaborates with 30,000+ gaming and esports influencers to execute premium, authentic influencer marketing campaigns. PowerSpike’s influencer network reaches over 150M viewers every month and has already grown over 1000% in 2020. The 5-year-old company is backed by Techstars, Cox Enterprises, the Philadelphia 76ers, the Dorm Room Fund, and Ocean Azul Partners.
What we’re building
PowerSpike is building the world’s first Influencer Exchange.
Like a traditional ad exchange, where buyers can place bids for ads in real-time, PowerSpike’s technology instead enables brands to bid on influencers. We’re taking the simple and streamlined experience of programmatic advertising, and combining it with the authenticity of influencer marketing to deliver instantly scalable influencer campaigns. Think Google Ads meets influencers.
Currently focused on the gaming space, our technology enables brands like Intuit Quickbooks and Activision Blizzard to launch influencer campaigns across our network of over 30,000+ Twitch streamers, just like they'd make a media buy.
Your work will directly help influencers pursue their dreams and assist some of the biggest brands in the world in streamlining their influencer marketing efforts.
What we need
We’re looking for a systems oriented, UX focused, and design-driven Front-End Web Developer to help bring Powerspike’s internal tools and systems to life.
Working closely with the design team, and reporting directly to the VP of Development, you will be responsible for taking mockups of internal tools and building them into working interfaces. Your work will be focused on building the infrastructure that will eventually power millions of sponsorships for influencers, and automate many of the day to day tasks that our operations team face, eventually completely automating influencer marketing.
We value learning, creativity, candor, and collaboration - and as one of the first people at PowerSpike, we’re looking for someone who can help us define our culture and processes for years to come. Simply put, we believe in hiring A+ people, giving them clarity in what success means, and then supporting them to their fullest potential.
- Working closely with the product team to understand and automate the challenges of our operations team
- Developing user facing interfaces
- Bringing mockup designs to life
- Writing sustainable and reusable code
- Connecting various data sources from our own and external APIs to the user interfaces, both synchronously and asynchronously
- Ensuring feasibility of a design in collaboration with the design team
- Testing and maintain interfaces
- Ensuring scalability and adaptability of designs
- 2-4+ years experience in frontend development
- Understanding of HTML5 and CSS
- Experience with Vue.js or similar framework
- Understanding of implementation of Ajax requests and how to adapt an interface to asynchronous data
- Strong sense of design
- Experience with Figma, Photoshop, Illustrator, or other related design/mockup software
- Ability to adapt to new situations and learn new skills/languages
- Knowledge of Git
BONUS POINTS IF
- You’ve worked at a startup or attempted to launch your own startup before (even if it failed)
- You’re a gamer, streamer, or fan of live streaming platforms like Twitch/Mixer/YouTube Live
- You’ve worked on ad exchanges or advertising/influencer related technology in the past
- You’ve built or contributed to an information management system
- Competitive compensation
- Stock options
- Generous PTO
- Medical Insurance
- Early access to new products, games and services emerging in the space
- Opportunity to be on the ground floor of one of the fastest growing startups in the gaming ecosystem
PowerSpike, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.