At PlayEveryWare no two projects are ever exactly alike. As console port and co-development specialists, we work with indie and AAA teams alike to bring more games to more players and we’re looking for a curious and versatile quality assurance professional to join the in-house testing team.
The PlayEveryWare QA team supports a collaborative and thorough development environment playing a key role in identifying gaps and solving problems. PlayEveryWare Quality Assurance Analysts meticulously isolate and eliminate variables one-by-one, seeking out and documenting root causes of gameplay bugs. In this role you’ll help ensure the entire Studio’s development work meets the high quality expectations of our partners.
This opportunity is for a full-time, benefits eligible position in Seattle, WA. Due to COVID-19, all positions with PlayEveryWare are subject to remote interviews and work at this time.
Quality Assurance Analyst
As a QA Analyst, your primary goals are to test the functionality of gameplay features. You'll collaborate with internal teams to provide testing in support of risk assessments and production goals. You’ll assist the QA Lead, producers, and others in triaging and prioritizing issues for resolution. You’ll also be responsible for writing, analyzing, and regressing bugs to ensure that production milestones are met.
If you have an eye for detail, passion for bug-fixing, and the positive attitude to get it done in style, apply today to join our tea
What you'll do
- Perform manual testing across current and next gen consoles (Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4 & 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S)
- Test development builds and release candidate builds to ensure projects meet our target quality for submission and release
- Seek out and document bugs and other issues, verifying discrepancies between platforms
- Document detailed and concise bug reports and reproduction steps in Jira, ClickUp, or other applicable bug tracking software
- Contribute QA expertise ensuring that submission builds meet console certification requirements across multiple platforms
- Effectively communicate the status of software behavior to multiple stakeholders including QA Lead, producers and development team members
What you'll bring
- At least 1 year of experience in video game QA testing
- Experience working with project management and bug tracking systems such as Jira, Clickup, or Trello
- Strong technical and troubleshooting capabilities across various hardware and software ecosystems
- Proven ability to communicate cross-functionally and across management levels
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
Nice to have
- Previous experience testing games on consoles, using console development tools, and verifying compliance with platform certification requirements
- Previous experience and willingness to embed with small teams
Benefits & Perks
- 100% covered health care, vision, dental insurance with affordable options for addition of dependants
- 401(k) retirement savings and profit sharing plan
- Life and disability insurance, Healthcare Savings Account
- 56 hours of sick time, 11 floating holidays, and additional PTO
- No Mandatory Crunch policy
- Close relationships with Epic, Unity, and first-party console developers
- Open and collaborative workspace with free on-site parking and gym
- Casual and inclusive office environment nearby cafes and restaurants
- Company events, SWAG, and snack stocked kitchen
- Friday team lunch
PlayEveryWare does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or any protected category prohibited by local, state, or federal laws. We are committed to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion within our organization and the game development industry at large. Those with underrepresented identities, including but not limited to the above, are encouraged to apply.