- Create characters and environments working with Designers, Riggers, and Animators.
- Ability to model in a variety of styles.
- Model assets accurately from provided concept art.
- Follow art direction and technical requirements.
- Manage models during production and make adjustments when necessary.
- Collaborate with the rest of the team to find solutions to challenges that arise.
- Develop new techniques and processes to make the production run smoothly.
- Consistently meet production goals as assigned by Production Management.
- Develop and implement the appearance of the texture, color, and material properties of objects.
- Develop shaders using a wide range of techniques and resources, including 2D / 3D texture painting, procedural signals, reuse and modification of existing shading functions, and the creation of original algorithmic work.
- Able to paint textures in programs like Adobe Photoshop or Substance Painter.
- Work which may be expressed as drawings, paintings, photographs and motion picture references, and/or actual reference objects or location.
Skills & Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Animation or Fine Arts preferred, though not required.
- Minimum of 4 years of CG modeling experience in Film, Television, or Video Game production.
- Ability to demonstrate both high-poly and low-poly modeling techniques.
- Proficient with Maya and/or equivalent programs.
- Must be able to apply UV's in modeling software packages such as Maya.
- Graphics programming, including Maya, Houdini, Unreal, Unity.
- Experience writing shaders with any major shading language (osl, rsl, glsl, C++).
- An avid interest in the possibilities of Augmented and Virtual Reality.
- Able to work collaboratively, as well as independently.
- Self-motivated, excellent communicator, and a great team-player.
- Solid and consistent time-management skills.
How to Apply
- Work should exhibit a strong emphasis on surface history, demonstrating knowledge of how materials interact, change, and respond to illumination -- color, composition, and render quality will also be evaluated.
- Reel should include both turntables and animated shots; material and layer breakdowns a plus. Personal artwork may be included, if relevant.