This is a remote position.
Hybrid (Suffolk, UK) / Remote.
We’re seeking an experienced and enthusiastic Producer to join our friendly team. As a Producer, you will play a crucial role in building and managing teams of artists, collaborating with clients on their exciting games/projects, and ensuring the successful delivery of top-notch artwork within specified timelines.
You would be joining our small office team and your contributions will directly impact our trajectory, and you’ll be part of shaping our future success. This is a very exciting time for MLC, and so this is a great opportunity to be at the forefront of our journey. If you thrive in dynamic environments and love the adrenaline rush of achieving ambitious goals, you'll feel right at home here.
You will be responsible for multiple projects at once and in particular, an important publisher-funded indie game project this year where you will lead the production for the game’s development.
Established in 2017, MLC is an art outsourcing network of artists from around the world providing production and marketing to hundreds of indie game developers with art services. Having an incredible, inclusive and collaborative company culture has been and always will be our primary focus, and with a 98%+ retention rate, it’s safe to say our MLC team is here to stay!
MLC connects game developers with the finest, seasoned artists, streamlining the process of sourcing, hiring, and managing passionate freelancers. Our approach is all about giving game developers the freedom to choose who to work with, and scaling up with ease, minus any hassle or red tape. We've got a network of over 100 artists and producers who are masters in art production, technical art, and publishing assets.
Team Building and Management:
- Identify and recruit skilled artists from our global network to form project-specific teams.
- Provide leadership, direction, and support to artists and other project managers/assistants, maintaining a collaborative and creative working environment.
- Effectively allocate resources and manage workloads to meet project deadlines.
- Attend industry networking events and gatherings as needed.
- Act as the main point of contact between the client and the art teams.
- Understand client requirements and expectations, ensuring clear communication and alignment with project goals.
- Collaborate with clients to gather feedback, address concerns, and make adjustments to artwork as needed.
Project Planning and Execution:
- Develop comprehensive project plans, including timelines, budget, milestones, and resource requirements.
- Monitor and track project progress, identifying and addressing potential roadblocks to ensure on-time delivery.
- Conduct regular meetings, both internal and client-facing, as appropriate for various projects.
- Proactively communicate project updates to both internal teams and clients.
- Establish and uphold quality standards for all artwork produced by the teams.
- Conduct regular reviews and provide constructive feedback to artists to maintain high-quality output, as well as project-based pre-mortems and post-mortems.
- Work closely with the finance department to create and manage project budgets.
- Ensure cost-effective utilization of resources while maintaining high-quality standards.
If you are a passionate and results-driven individual with a strong background in art production and project management, we want to hear from you!
- Bachelor's degree in a related field (e.g., Art, Business, Project Management).
- Proven experience in project management, preferably in the Indie and/or AAA game development or art outsourcing industry.
- Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong leadership and team-building skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Understanding of art production workflows and the ability to provide constructive feedback.
- Familiarity with industry-standard tools and software used in art production as well as project management software.
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
- Unlimited holiday
- Automatic (and encouraged!) day off on your birthday
- Game nights
- Annual company weekend retreat
- Multiple opportunities to visit games conferences throughout the year
- Remote work from anywhere!