This job posting has already expired. However you can check our other Remote Community Management Jobs.
Hi 👋! We’re midnight munchies, and we are looking for a remote part-time social media/community manager! We’re making an action packed one button boss rush that is getting announced to the public soon and we want you to help us build a community and following from the game’s announcement to release! We’re aiming to create an inclusive workspace so please apply regardless of your gender or cultural background.
Quick facts about the job ‼️
- 💰The pay is 15€/hour (before taxes)
- ⏰You would work around 10-16 hours a week
- We’re very flexible with when you will be working as long as we can establish a consistent line of communication
📜The contract would last for 6 months and would start in March
- It is possible that we would like to extend your contract in the future, but that greatly depends on a lot of different factors (like the game performing well)
- 👩💻This is a fully remote position, meaning we can not offer you a workspace
- We’re a small team of 3 based in Valencia (Spain), Copenhagen (Denmark) and Ljubljana (Slovenia)
- If you’re from either of these places, great, we can co-work sometimes!
- If not, no worries! All of our communication happens via Discord, we play games every so often together during work hours to feel more connected 🧘
What would you do? 🤔
Social media/community management is a vague term, so let’s clear out what you would be doing. Our goal is to focus your efforts into TikTok & Discord. By making tiktoks you should drive as many people to the Steam store page and have them wishlist the game and join the Discord server. In Discord we want you to engage with the community and make sure we build a nice welcoming space while occasionally organizing events. You would use both of these platforms, and occasionally an email newsletter, to communicate about big updates like us releasing the game or a demo.
You would also be responsible for reposting the amazing tiktoks you’d create to other platforms like Instagram Reels, Youtube Shorts and Twitter/X. When we will release a demo we’d want you to monitor the feedback in the game's steam forums and engage with the community there. If we attend a convention to show off the game we’d probably want you to be there as well.
To end it off, we’re working with an external PR agency so press releases are not a part of your job.
Skills/experience that we are looking for from you 🤸♀️
- Experience with creating and posting successful social media content, preferably in games
- Great communication skills, and proficiency in English.
- Active in Social Media, especially TikTok. We know that social media trends change fast, so we’d love for you to keep up with them!
- Experience moderating and organizing communities. Having done so in Discord is a plus.
Nice to haves 📈
- You are a creative person! We have a bunch of ideas and access to some very good resources which can help us come up with new plans, but you should be proactive and come up with other fun things we may be missing out on
- Experience using community analytics tools to measure community growth and engagement
- You have a good understanding of “skill games” like other boss-rush titles, raiding in WOW/FFXIV, bullet hell games or rhythm games like OSU/Just Shapes & Beats
- (Online) Event organization experience
- Experience with ARGs/forum games that can keep a community engaged
You can try out a (very old!) demo of the game we are currently working on on itch.io
If the position interests you, please shoot an email to email@example.com with your CV and a quick paragraph (both in English) about you and your previous work in the area, and we can set up a interview 👀