Character Animator / Rigger
Remote/On-site in Cologne Area
We're looking for an Animator/Rigger to work on
our upcoming game projects, starting in Q1, 2021.
👽 Your profile
You are a creative person who understands the difference between “Moving bones” and “Breathing life into polygons”, and at the same time your techie side doesn’t shy away from building unique, custom Rigs for our characters. You even know what a “script” is! – Woah, impressive.
- Has a demo reel that demonstrates your knowledge of fundamental animation principles
- Has significantly contributed as an Animator to at least a game or an animation project
- Understands character development, acting, stylization and exaggeration
- Has the communication skills to work in a team-oriented environment
- Wants to be actively involved in the design of characters and props
- Is willing to work along the Art Director and the art department in order to nail the timing of each move
- Is willing to work along the developers in order to integrate those animations in engine
- Specializes in stylized animation
- Work in Blender
- Enjoy rigging, building tools and the technical aspects of creating digital art
- Are passionate about games and entertainment and get excited when movies have musical numbers
👩🚀 What you would be doing
You will be part of the art department, helping us breathe life into the many characters we are designing and modelling for our games. You will make sure that they interact with each other and the environment in a believable way so our players can connect with them. As the main animator you will be working closely with our art director on defining our characters and their personalities through movement. You will also be in charge of making your own rigs, which shouldn’t be too complex, since you will be an animator who can rig, and not the other way around. For this, you will also work along our engineers, who will help you to come up with solutions and automatizations to simplify our pipeline so you can focus on your main task: animation.
🚀 Perks & Benefits
- Unlimited work contract
- Salary range: 32.000 – 42.000 € annually (depending on experience)
30 days of paid vacation per year
- Money and time budget for training and education
- Once a year: One-week game jam during office hours
- We are proud to have a works council already established
Flexible work hours (parent friendly)
- No crunch
- We work in a beautiful, industrial style office with lots of air
- You will get a public transport ticket for the Cologne Area
- We offer a lot of flexibility to work from home on a regular basis
- We do regular paid-for team events
- We have a nice and cozy team breakfast every Monday
Discounts for gyms and bike sponsorships can be arranged
- Our office manager will help you with the challenges of relocating
- We offer financial help for relocation
- Core hours are around 10am – 4pm CET, but we are flexible on that
- We offer financial help to establish a suitable working space for you at home
- Sponsorships for gym or entertainment subscriptions can be arranged
🤖 Why we do what we do
When we founded Massive Miniteam all we wanted was a nice and stable work environment. For us that meant being happy and healthy while working on exciting projects. Today we are fortunate to share this vision with our ever growing team.
We value good communication, inclusivity and professionality. We want to ensure that everyone feels comfortable and respected so that they have space and time to grow. To work with us means to join a kind and generally lighthearted environment and always be confronted with new and exciting tasks to tackle.
👾 What we do
Very early on we realized that being financially stable as a young game studio meant that we needed a steady income without relying on successful game releases. Putting our tech industry experience to use, we started working for clients in the field of automotive, e-learning, VR and AR. This strategy gave us the opportunity to grow and develop Spitlings our first own game. Spitlings was released in 2020 and is available on all major gaming platforms.
Our experience developing for consoles gives us the opportunity to work with a lot of interesting companies and to help them port their games to many different platforms.
Today we mainly work on game projects with a small part of the team doing contract work and porting. We have a few exciting game projects we are currently working on and a lot more coming in the future. We would love to share more with you in an interview.
📡 Write Us!
If you think you’d be a good fit for us, we’d be happy to take a look at your application! Please include:
- [Full name] - [Job you are applying for] in the subject of your email
- Brief cover letter, including earliest start date and desired salary
- Link to portfolio