Duration: Full Time
Location: Liverpool or Remote
We’re looking for a Senior Animator to join our growing team as we continue to build and raise the bar in interactive animation on our current and future project(s). As a key member of the animation team you will bring characters to life using keyframe and motion capture to create high quality animation, using a strong foundation in the principles of animation. You will collaborate with artists, designers and other animators to develop new features and craft exciting gameplay mechanics from the ground up. This role is focused on game development and your expertise will breathe life into our characters and systems that will excite players all around the world. In this role you will report to the Animation Director.
- Work with the Animation Director, leads & team to establish the animation style and requirement for the project, to ensure we achieve a unified look throughout the game.
- Create animation assets for gameplay prototypes all the way through to final shippable polished assets.
- Setting a standard of quality for animators and actively participate in game development, showing abilities to influence, innovate and communicate.
- Meet project deadlines in a timely manner whilst maintaining artistic integrity.
- Communicate with the team and provide feedback to the other animators in a collaborative environment.
- Actively participate in animation system design and problem resolution taking ownership of the systems assigned to them and sees them through to completion
- Working closely with design and programmers to create an efficient development pipeline and ensure the quality of their animation upon integration.
- Play the game to validate movement control and identify improvements.
- Collaborate across the animation, art, design and programming teams to find solutions to animation related issues that feature movement components.
- Implement assets in the Unreal 4 game engine.
- Be involved in directing and preparing motion capture shoots.
- Assisting in the development of tools and working with the programming team to ensure these tools are continuously improved
- Highly skilled in (one or more of) Maya, 3DS Max or Motionbuilder
- Experience with one or multiple character systems: Locomotion, Weapon Systems, Melee, Non Player Characters
- Passion for pushing animation quality of interactive systems with an open mind.
- Good eye and understanding of animation is key, attention to detail
- Good general technical knowledge of game play systems
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Ability to accept feedback and constructive criticism.
- Experience with Unreal Engine
- Experience in developing character systems
- Strong sense of how gameplay and animation relate to one another
- Excellent Problem solver
As part of the Lucid Games application process, candidates will be expected to provide a demo reel and examples of their work to be considered, please send your CV and portfolio.
Lucid Games is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
NOTE: This listing is part of Remote Game Jobs commitment and on going efforts to help game talents find new home during these unfortunate times of mass layoffs. If you know of any affected individuals that might benefit from it, please consider sharing it with them. You can also check the studio's Company Website from the Company Info box to see if they have more openings.