If you are looking for a remote-first home to bring your AAA Tech Art skills and experience, look no further. Bring your passion for creating awesome games, and we'll provide an amazing team for you to work with along with a great environment and exciting AAA projects to work on! We also offer a full suite of benefits! This is a remote role.
Lost Boys Interactive is a member of the Gearbox Software and Embracer Group family. We are a rapidly growing AAA game studio based in Madison Wisconsin, with full remote work available from any state in the US. We provide top-tier development for our partners as well as working on our own AAA game projects. We have world-class projects, resources, and infrastructure, but our company’s success comes from the talented and passionate people who work together each day to produce great games together.
Supportive, Collaborative, Safe, Accepting, Respectful, Kind, and Fun are a few words that our employees use to describe their experience at Lost Boys Interactive. Do these words describe the kind of studio you would like to call home? Apply today to start your Lost Boys adventure!
Please note: You must reside in the US and have prior AAA experience to qualify for this role. We are sorry, but Lost Boys Interactive does not sponsor visas at this time.
What you’ll be doing with us:
- Own and set the standards for performance and memory specs for characters, environments, and visual effects
- Work with programmers, artists, and designers to establish metrics and workflows around performance management and asset validation to ensure that the game operates within established targets
- Create and maintain tools to assist artists with their daily workflows
- Perform in-depth reviews of major pieces of content at each stage of construction and provide feedback to the artists
- Deploy your excellent understanding of Unreal and Substance Designer to create and optimize shaders for all assets across multiple game projects
- Provide the first line of support for troubleshooting artist issues, and ensure that those which need escalation are effectively resolved
- Help maintain shared scripting libraries and participate in code reviews
- Make some amazing games!
What you bring to the team
- 4+ years of professional (Post-college) AAA games experience
- Strong communication skills
- Good understanding of game rendering and lighting
- Experience with python and/or tools development
- Solid understanding of 3D modeling, world-building, and node-based systems
- Strong background with shaders
- Experience with Unreal 4
- Experience with animation, or with C++ or C# is a plus
You’ll be delighted with our people, our culture, and the amazing games you’ll be working on. Come join our merry band and apply today!
Lost Boys Interactive LLC is an equal opportunity employer.