Level Ex is a fast-growing game studio that creates video games for doctors.
Games feature compelling medical cases built with the highest standards of game design and deliberate game mechanics. They employ state-of-the-art graphics and physics technology, supported by the latest generation tech. Allowing us to craft breathtaking virtual anatomy: custom-built GPU-based fluids, tissues, and soft-body systems that look and react like the real deal.
We attract top artists, engineers, and designers from prominent gaming franchises, like Mortal Kombat
, League of Legends
, Call of Duty
, Walking Dead
, and Star Wars
. Our caliber of talent keeps us at the forefront of the industry: GDC ranked our game design talk #2 of 194 for sponsored sessions in 2019, and we earned 2nd place at SIGGRAPH Real-Time Live! 2019
, sharing the stage with Epic, Unity, Digital Domain, and others. Meet some of our incredible team here, and learn why you’ll enjoy our company and culture - Video: Why Join Level Ex
We’re looking for a talented, experienced Senior UI Artist to join our team.
What You’ll Be Doing with Us
- Work closely with our UI Director, UI Designers, Art Director, UX, Production, and others to design and implement UI assets using the Unity engine
- Create eye-catching visual design comps for both menu screens and HUD’s
- Develop a variety of 2D art assets for mobile, AR, and VR projects based on existing style guides
- Produce imaginative storyboards that illustrate the gameplay’s flow
- Animate screen transitions and micro-animations
- Assist in maintaining UI Kits and Design Systems
- Update and keep our live products
Who We Want To Meet
- Minimum of 6+ years of professional experience working in a game development or mobile apps environment
- At least two full development cycles with 2 or more shipped games or mobile apps
- Demonstrable experience with Adobe CC design tools (Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects)
- Experience with screen layout in Figma, Sketch, or Adobe XD
- Working experience in Unity or other industry-standard game engines
- Expert knowledge of UI design principles and processes
- Previous working relationships with
- Portfolio demonstrating excellent design foundation, typography, compositional, and layout skills
Bonus Points For
- Experience creating visual effects in Unity
- Experience scripting in Unity
- Experience generating UX designs in Axure RP
How We Make You Happy
- Multiple health insurance plans with 100% company-paid premiums
- 401(k) with generous company-paid match
- 4 weeks of PTO
- Dental and vision insurance
- Pre-tax flex spending and commuter accounts
- Full-time remote until we return to our convenient downtown Loop location
- Unlimited cold brew and gourmet coffee, kombucha, Bevi sparkling water, and craft beer
- Full kitchen and food options including breakfast, and both healthy and comfort snacks
- Team after-hours events, like Board Game Night
Please send us your resume *including* a link to your online portfolio with UI assets. We look forward to hearing from you and exploring the possibilities.
Level Ex is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
No Agency or Recruiter submissions will be accepted.
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job.