Our client is a cutting-edge video game development studio dedicated to creating the next generation of mobile sports games. With a focus on exploring new frontiers and leveraging blockchain technology, our client's mission is to deliver unforgettable gaming experiences to players around the world. Their world-class team, comprised of seasoned industry professionals with a proven track record of success, is committed to fostering a culture of creativity, trust, and ownership. They take pride in their ability to create games that entertain and engage players, and they are passionate about pushing the boundaries of what is possible in the mobile gaming industry. Our client is a global company with the best people from the Americas and Europe.
Our client is seeking a talented Senior Game Backend Engineer to spearhead the development of their game's cloud infrastructure, server, and essential tools. As the driving force behind the backend architecture, you'll play a pivotal role in ensuring the smooth operation of our client's games throughout their lifecycle. You will architect and implement the server side of the game features and make the data structures and server code working in collaboration with the game team. You will develop systems and services to support live operations and online gameplay for millions of users. Additionally, you will be responsible for crafting the cutting-edge tools that empower our client's development team and optimize workflow efficiency. So, if you're passionate about gaming, backend servers and tools and love to tinker with technology, our client would love to hear from you!
Here is what you can expect on a typical day:
● Architecture and implementation of game features for the backend server and services that are required to develop our client's server authoritative game.
● Solve complex problems with distributed systems and data management.
● Write TDD and present them.
● Building and maintaining the infrastructure needed to support game development and
delivery, including servers, databases, and other related tools.
● Creation and management of AWS cloud infrastructure and configuration as well as ensuring
systems and services are leveraging best practices, security, and standards.
● Collaborating with gameplay engineers, designers and producers to ensure that the
development process is streamlined and that there are no bottlenecks or roadblocks that hinder the production of the game.
● Ensuring that the software development process adheres to best practices and industry standards.
● Developing and maintaining tools that aid in the game development process, such as version control systems, build systems, and deployment scripts.
● Execute autonomously in a fast-paced environment.
● Provide quality code reviews for engineers.
● Mentor/train software engineers and provide technical direction and project leadership.
● Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Electronic Engineering, Computer Science or related field.
● 5+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
● 5+ years developing mobile or AAA games.
● 5+ years of leading design or architecture (design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and
existing systems experience
● 3+ years of experience of object-oriented programming
● 1+ shipped game.
● Experience in developing REST APIs
● Experience with asynchronous multiplayer games
● Solid understanding of AWS and its main services (Having AWS certificate is a plus)
● Strong experience with Git, JIRA, confluence
● Experience with tools such as Jenkins to enable CI/CD.
● Good communication and interpersonal skills.
● A great team player and genuinely believes in solving challenges as a team.
● Demonstrated ability to come up with System designs, architecture, process flows and Concept
of Operations for large complex systems
Bonus points for these:
● Master’s degree
● Experience deploying and managing infrastructure with CloudFormation, CDK.
● Containerization, with Docker/Kubernetes
● Experience in Java, Kotlin
● Experience with game backend-as-a-service (such as PlayFab, Beamable, brainCloud).
● Experience with building web3 games or having basic blockchain knowledge.
What We Offer:
● Fully remote work
● Flexible time off
● Health care
Our client is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace. They welcome applications from individuals of all backgrounds and do not discriminate based on any protected status. They strive to provide a safe and respectful environment where all employees can thrive and are dedicated to continuously improving their diversity and inclusion efforts.