Insomniac's UI/UX Department is growing, and we are looking for a Senior UI/UX Artist to help us build industry-inspiring player experiences that are approachable, accessible, and immersive for everyone. If you are someone with a track record of working cross-functionally to develop incredible player experiences and want to play a major role in delivering the next wave of world-class games for players of all abilities, please read on!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Drive the look and feel of the user-facing features and systems that help players navigate, locate information, and accomplish their goals.
- Work iteratively through all phases of the game development cycle from prototype to polish.
- Collaborate with artists, designers, and developers to implement and deploy accessible user experiences that support the aesthetic, experiential, and technical vision for our games.
- Deliver wireframes, mockups, motion comps, iconography, prototypes, and the in-game implementation of assets that are usable, accessible, and meet or exceed requirements.
- Provide accurate estimates for tasks, regularly update the team on in progress work, and ensure work remains is in scope.
- Proactively share, receive, incorporate, and act on feedback.
- Continuously expand knowledge of technological developments in the game industry through research and training.
- Help evolve our studio’s standards of excellence for UI art.
- Advocate relentlessly for our players and the end-to-end user experience.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual is expected to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- Seven to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficiency with the Adobe suite (Photoshop, Animate, XD, and Illustrator)
- Experience with related to digital content creation packages (e.g. Figma, Maya, etc.)
- Detailed understanding of digital interaction design fundamentals and patterns
- Experience creating and adhering to style guides and development standards
- Strong game design sensibilities and commitment to creating innovative player experiences
- Experience working on UI/UX systems in AAA games is a plus
- Experience working with Animate, Coherent, and/or 3D software is a plus
- Passion for game accessibility and player advocacy is a plus
Even if you don’t feel like you meet all requirements for this role, we still encourage you to apply. We know the confidence gap
and imposter syndrome
can get in the way of meeting incredible candidates, and we certainly wouldn’t want it to prevent us from meeting you.
At SIE, we consider several factors when setting each role’s base pay range, including the competitive benchmarking data for the market and geographic location.
Please note that the base pay range may vary in line with our hybrid working policy and individual base pay will be determined based on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location.
In addition, this role is eligible for SIE’s top-tier benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), paid time off, wellness program and coveted employee discounts for Sony products. This role also may be eligible for a bonus package. Click here
to learn more.
This is a flexible role that can be remote, with varying pay ranges based on geographic location. For example, if you are based out of Seattle, the estimated base pay range for this role is listed below.