Location - Kelowna, Vancouver, Seattle or remote (Canada-wide, WA or CA)
COVID-19 UPDATE: Please note that all Hyper Hippo Entertainment (HHE) employees are working remotely for the time being due to COVID-19, as the health & safety of our employees and their families is extremely important to us. Due to this, we’re currently having all new hires begin work with us remotely rather than in our office locations.
The Unity Developer will oversee the development and maintenance of live mobile games. You will drive the implementation of new features that will help us evolve and take our games to new heights, growing our player base and bringing our fans back for more. Scaling our games into the top of the charts, you’ll have an opportunity to ensure our new features maintain optimal performance and continue to engage our players around the globe.
A Unity Developer’s Impact
- Creativity - everyone here gets to design the games we make
- Ability to rapidly prototype game ideas, but also write scalable code when needed
- Self-sufficiency, ability to unblock yourself, do your own R&D and create solutions independently
- Write code that is easy to read and debug
- Proactive in sharing knowledge with peers
- Strong work ethic – ensuring products are in a shippable state before communicating that it is done
- Strong communicator sharing project status, dependencies, risks, costs, and options
Your Track Record Includes
- 5+ years commercial experience with Unity and C#
- Strong software engineering skills
- Experience providing cross-device solutions that address performance, reliability, security, and scalability issues
- Knowledge and expertise in making networked multiplayer games is a plus
- Computer Science/Software Engineering degree or equivalent work experience
- Competitive salary
- Extraordinary incentive plan
- Extended health, dental & vision benefits + a health & wellness spending account
- 3 weeks vacation + 10 paid personal/sick days per year
- Annual self development budget to attend conferences, courses, training – you name it!
Our Core Values
- We Are Bold
- We Are One Team
- We Are Player-First
- We Are Creative
- We Are Transparent
- We Are Futuristic
What We’re Building at Hyper Hippo Entertainment
Hyper Hippo is an award-winning entertainment studio, driven to entertain, connect, and inspire billions of fans around the world.
Founded in 2012, by the creator of Club Penguin, Lance Priebe, Hyper Hippo is the studio behind the smash-hit idle games, AdVenture Capitalist (with 50+ million players), and AdVenture Communist - a cult mobile hit.
Headquartered in Canada, with studios in Kelowna, Vancouver and Seattle, Hyper Hippo brings together an exceptionally creative team that is relentlessly focused on innovating and exploring new forms of entertainment.