Location - Kelowna, Vancouver, Seattle or Remote (Canada, WA or CA)
COVID-19 UPDATE: Please note that all Hyper Hippo Entertainment (HHE) employees are working remotely for the time being due to COVID-19, as the health & safety of our employees and their families is extremely important to us. Due to this, we’re currently having all new hires begin work with us remotely rather than in our office locations.
As a Senior Artist (Unity) you are a multi-faceted creative powerhouse. You have a very strong foundation in 2D art, and have significant experience in defining and creating polished character and creature artwork for mobile games. At the same time you are extremely familiar with the Unity editor and have experience dabbling in (and implementing) everything from particle systems and simple animations to working with software engineers to help get the most bang-for-buck on a visual element of a game.
For this role, we are looking for a highly collaborative individual to help lead the artistic vision on an exciting upcoming game that is currently in early stages of development.
A Senior Artist (Unity)’s Impact
- Lead the visual look of a project, and be a source of guidance and support for intermediate and junior artists.
- Design and create a wide variety of 2D art assets, including characters, creatures and environments from concept to production art.
- Create visual elements within the Unity editor such as particle effects, animations and animator controllers.
- Take a hands-on approach to the artistic elements of game development within the Unity editor. Implementing and troubleshooting visuals as needed.
- Get involved in all levels of the game creation process, from design to debugging, in small highly collaborative production teams
- Occasionally support marketing and promotional initiatives with 2D art
- Share your ideas with your team and help build a vision for your game!
Your Track Record Includes
- 7+ years of experience in the video game industry
- 3+ years of experience creating mobile games
- Excellent familiarity with the Unity editor, including VFX and animation.
- Proficiency with Photoshop
- Excellent collaborative skills (team player, receives feedback well)
- Strong and adaptable art foundation (anatomy, perspective, value, colour, light, etc)
- Self motivated, able to work with minimal direction
- Strong attention to detail
- Open-minded and outward-looking
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Familiarity with creating shaders a plus
- Familiarity with Blender and 3D art a plus
Hyper Hippo Welcomes Everyone to Apply!
Hyper Hippo is an equal opportunity employer and we celebrate every single person and what makes them unique. Having a workforce composed of individuals with different experiences and backgrounds allows our team to make better decisions and create new and exciting ideas to bring to our players. We strive for every Hippo to feel a true sense of belonging and trust.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use and please reach out if you require any accommodations or support during the recruitment process.
- Competitive salary
- Extraordinary incentive plan tied to company goals
- Extended health, dental & vision benefits + a health & wellness spending account
- Access to a company-paid Employee & Family Assistance Program
- 3 weeks vacation + 10 paid personal/sick days per year
- Annual self development budget to attend conferences, courses, training – you name it!
- Work Style Benefit - $100/month stipend
- Home Ergonomic Benefit for your home office - $1,000
Our Core Values
- We Are Bold
- We Are One Team
- We Are Player-First
- We Are Creative
- We Are Transparent
- We Are Futuristic
What We’re Building at Hyper Hippo Entertainment
Hyper Hippo is an award-winning entertainment studio, driven to entertain, connect, and inspire billions of fans around the world.
Founded in 2012, by the creator of Club Penguin, Lance Priebe, Hyper Hippo is the studio behind the smash-hit idle games, AdVenture Capitalist (with 50+ million players), and AdVenture Communist - a cult mobile hit.
Hyper Hippo is headquartered in Canada, with offices in Kelowna, Vancouver, and Seattle, and remote employees across North America. Hyper Hippo brings together an exceptionally creative team that is relentlessly focused on innovating and exploring new forms of entertainment.