UTC-7 to UTC+2
At Hidden Door we believe technology can unlock kids' creative superpowers.
We're inventing a new kind of multiplayer storytelling game for kids to create and explore worlds together. It's like Roblox meets Dungeons and Dragons, designed for safety, enabled by AI and natural language processing (NLP).
We're looking for an Art Director to develop and direct the visual and interactive design for our initial game experience. In this role you'll work directly on most aspects of the game from concept to delivery, including hiring contractors and helping us grow the team.
We'd love to meet if you have:
- Hands-on experience including art direction, visual design, and user experience in the gaming or entertainment industries.
- Conceived, produced, and integrated art into a game engine (we use Unity).
- Skills in both character and environment design.
- Built scalable, modular design systems.
- Comfort bridging creative and technical tradeoffs in guiding artistic direction.
- Led a diverse team of creative professionals to ship something amazing.
- Worked on, and have opinions about, consumer products for kids, tweens, and teens.
- Shipped games for multiple platforms, including web and mobile.
- A love of storytelling and games, of any type.
- Worked on products involving machine learning and/or data-informed product development.
Other things to know
- We're a small, US-based fully remote team, currently focused on US and Western European time zones.
- Sometimes we meet up! In better times we expect to travel a few times a year to get together for planning and fun.
- While this is a full-time job, we are flexible about working hours and trust you to bring your best. Both co-founders have young children and we are committed to a healthy, balanced life.
- This is a startup! We're building a company together as much as we are building a game together.
- We value curiosity, creativity, and diverse perspectives.
- We strongly encourage women, BIPOC, and candidates from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.
How to apply
Please apply here! It will ask you to share a resume or your LinkedIn profile, tell us a bit about yourself, and write a story about something you've built that you're proud of and what makes you a good fit for this opportunity. If you run into any issues, just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.