Job Title: Technical Artist
Reporting To: Art Director
Location: Santa Monica, CA, or Remote
Sky Castle Studios is currently seeking a 3D Technical Artist with a technical leaning to join the Hero Forge
art team. The artist’s responsibilities will primarily entail working with the art team to finalize art assets within the Hero Forge character creation pipeline. Must be eager to learn, be very organized and love being thorough. Must enjoy creative problem solving in a fast-moving and ever-changing environment! This position is Full Time with Benefits.
- Work with the Hero Forge art team to create and finalize both high and low poly assets within the character creation pipeline.
- Coordinate with the team on a daily basis to accomplish art related tasks and meet deadlines.
- A solid understanding of 3D modeling, including:
- Mesh Topology
- Low Poly Geometry
- UV Layout
- Experience working with Maya and ZBrush.
- Good organizational/time management skills.
- Knowledge of reprojection.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience writing process documentation.
- Open to experience with 3D sculpting and modeling.
- Open to experience with 3D printing.
- Open to experience with animation, skinning, rigging.
- Open to experience with coding and programming.
Artists with a particular strength or focus in modeling or technical ability are strongly encouraged to apply!
At Sky Castle Studios, diversity is not just a core value, but a foundation of what we do. We strive to embrace our differences in the workplace, and to promote respectful representation of all people through the content we create. Diversity brings fresh perspectives that help us to better serve our community. Wherever you come from, and whatever background you bring, we’re excited to hear from you!
Sky Castle Studios is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religious creed, observance, or practice, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.