Hardsuit Labs is looking for a proven design leader who will drive our systems design team forward. We’re looking for a communicative, thoughtful, and detail-oriented gameplay designer who will champion the start to finish player experience across our titles.
This is a full-time, benefits eligible position based in Seattle, WA. Due to COVID-19, all positions at Hardsuit Labs are subject to remote interviews and work.
In this role you will collaborate closely with design leadership and multi-disciplinary teams to create immersive and rewarding gameplay systems that keep players engaged and motivated. You’ll be responsible for owning gameplay progression systems from concept through release and will work directly with all stakeholders to ensure that each game system aligns with the creative and design vision for the project.
The ideal candidate will bring 5+ years of professional game design experience with strong fundamentals in math and logic as well as an interest in building, growing, and mentoring teams. Previous experience owning, prototyping, iterating on, and implementing and balancing player progression systems on RPG titles is preferred. Proven experience documenting, testing, and tuning player rewards is a must. Previous knowledge of and experience with UE4/Blueprints is desirable.
- Collaborate with all design disciplines to create and implement engaging progression systems and game features.
- Work with product partners and vision holders to prioritize designs to improve the content and functionality of the game.
- Interface regularly with multidisciplinary teams support to content implementation and iteration.
- Own game economies, cash/loot, and player XP systems from concept to release.
- Provide mentorship and guidance to other members of the team and design department.
- Manage day-to-day functions of the design team including but not limited to scheduling, performance, and quality output.
- 5+ years of systems design experience with at least 2+ years as a team lead.
- Excellent overall communication and documentation skills.
- Proven experience designing and owning player progression systems including skill trees, quest rewards, power upgrades and collectibles.
- Experience owning, iterating, and tuning game economies, cash/loot, XP, and similar resources.
- Proven ability and willingness to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Understanding of AAA and RPG game development pipelines.
- Deep understanding of player psychology and game economics.
- Strong knowledge of Blueprints scripting and UE4.
- Previous console development experience.
- Understanding of programming and algorithmic basics is a plus.
Required Application Materials