Position: 2D Artist / Illustrator / Concept Artist
Contract/For Hire: Part-time
Gamma Minus is a German independent video game development company founded in 2018, and based in Paderborn, with team members working remote from all around the world. We are looking for our next 2D Artist, to join the team and work on Rough Justice ’84
- a single-player, time management game, where you run a private security agency. Manage and deploy agents, dealing with fugitive recovery, repossession, and private investigative tasks.
As a 2D Artist at Gamma Minus, your day-to-day tasks involve creating believable character and/or environment art for our project.
• Creating Characters based on the game’s vision
• Creating Environments based on the Game’s vision
• Creating cut scene material based on the story and according to the art direction
• Understanding of high-level design request
• Being able to react to ad-hoc design questions and tasks
• Working together with the Game Design team to steer the project in the right direction
• Advanced Knowledge of Photoshop or respective medium
• Anatomical and architectural knowledge
• Strong eye for composition, perspective, colour and lighting
• Ability to follow and maintain the art direction
• Organized workflow
• Experience in game development processes
• Great collaboration and problem-solving skills
• Self-reliance, self-motivation, good communication skills, and team-player attitude
• Proficient verbal and written communication skills in English
• Work experience as a 2D Artist in a game environment
• Experience working remote
• Experience in After Effects, Illustrator, InDesign or Blender
• A passion for the 80’s
International applications are welcome, but a working permit for Germany is a huge plus.
Please send your complete application documents including work samples, your portfolio, CV, your earliest start date and your salary expectation.