You've been working as a UI Designer on the mobile game market for a while and you are ready to work on something exciting and spectacular?
On games where millions of people worldwide will be admiring your work?
You're in the right place because Gameloft Budapest is looking for a Senior UI Game Designer.
About Gameloft Hungary:
Our studio has been operating in Budapest for more than 8 years, and our goal is to develop casual and mid-core games that bring relaxation and fun to millions of users on a daily basis. Until now we worked on games like Iron Man 3, City Mania, Disney Getaway Blast and Dragon Mania Legends. The latter is one of Gameloft's most successful projects, with well over 50 million downloads!
What can you expect from us?
• We are an 80-person game development studio in downtown Budapest
• We have diverse backgrounds and we all love to work on games and share ideas with each other
• You would work in a small agile team of 2-3 brilliant and professional Game Designers where everybody’s inputs are valued
• The team will be international, we have several foreign colleagues
• Exercising your creativity when solving tasks is much appreciated
• You may be working on games using famous brands such as Marvel or Disney
• We don't have many meetings :)
Why work for us?
• We are creating awesome games enjoyed by millions of players worldwide
• Our office is in the downtown area, Boráros Square. It is on the Pest side of the Petofi bridge, and can be easily reached by public transport
• We have a flexible work schedule that can fit in most of your requirements
• Good performance is always recognized, so if the game you're working on makes a profit, you will receive regular bonuses
• Never go to work on your birthday (you get extra leave for that day)
• We value health, which is why all our employees benefit from a private health insurance plan. This includes free access to an unlimited number of specialist appointments, an annual health screening, as well as flu vaccinations
• Every summer we have a studio wide team building activity (we've been to paintball, quad, soap box, of course, we always have a goulash)
• Every year we organize several Game Jams where we take care of the food and drinks and you can just focus on having fun alongside your teammates
• Coffee, tea and fruits are always at your disposal
• We have an Employee Assistance Program (legal, financial, life management and mental health services)
• You'll also get a fitness pass which gives you access to all Life1 venues in the city
What will you to here?
We offer you an exceptional opportunity to design the user interfaces for our next mobile games. You will conceptualize and produce high-quality, appealing interfaces that are intuitive, functional and aesthetically pleasing.
• Collaborate with team to translate game systems and gameplay user experience goals into intuitive interfaces that support and enhance the game look and experience
• Observe and interpret results of usability testing and live game metrics
• Produce schemes of global flows with detailed requirements in collaboration with the game designers
• Pre-visualize, mock-up, prototype and animate UI designs
• Collaborate with artists locally to create high-fidelity mockups to solidify design direction and planning.
How are you going to work and when can you start?
• You will work full time, 8 hours a day, with a declared employment contract.
• You can arrive by 9 in the morning, but if that’s too early, no one will mention anything if you arrive before 10:30
• Your direct lead will be the producer of the project, and the colleagues you work most closely with will be: other Game Designers, 2D Artists, 3D Artists and Animators.
• The sooner you can start, the better! Of course, if you have a notice period, we will wait for you
What will happen to you on the first day and in the first 3 months?
• On your first day, we will introduce you to everyone on the team. The game’s producer will tell you more details you about the game you will be working on, while the artists will tell you what the artist team is currently working on
• Also on the first day you will receive your onboarding plan, which gives you details about the things you will be doing and what’s expected of you over the next 3 months
• Right from the start you will also find out who will be your assigned buddy, the colleague who will help you during your first few months to have a great time here. You can ask him anything at any time, be it things about the project or about what’s the best place to eat at in the area (there are many cool places to eat at nearby)
• During your trial period, we will continue to support you and give you feedback on your work. And of course, we’d love it if you also shared your opinion and suggestions with us
What are the qualifications You need for this position?
You have passion for mobile games and your graphical/ergonomic style is contemporary and trendy. You can create pictograms, icons, buttons and their effects, and you have skills in multimedia page layout, associated typesetting choices and animation. You have a good sense of color, sense of style, confident and strong creativity.
• At least 4 years of experience in mobile games UI/UX design
• Knowledge of various smartphone application types
• Expert knowledge in Illustrator and Photoshop
• Experience in a video-game / multimedia / agency is a must
• Good prototyper skills (like Figma or similar program)
• Fluent English language skills
• Knowledge of After Effects / Flash for motion effects, transition menus is a plus
What will happen when you apply?
You can apply with your English CV and with your portfolio. We will look at what you have created so far.
Please note that our system can't handle files that exceed 10 MB, so if your portfolio exceed the file limit, please upload it to eg. Google Drive or Dropbox and send us an access link.
No cover letter is required. But if you usually play mobile, you can write down what :-)
At Gameloft, we believe in diversity, so no applicant will be discriminated against based on criteria such as gender, age, gender identity, religion, nationality, etc ...
Your CV will be reviewed by our Studio Manager and our Lead Game Designers and if they find it relevant, one of our colleagues from HR will contact you.
Next there will be a home test, followed by a chat with one of our HR colleagues and later with our Studio Manager and one of our Lead Game Designers. They will give you specific details about the job and you can ask them anything you are interested in knowing about working here. As you will be in our studio, you will have a chance to look into the Gameloft environment and atmosphere as well.
The whole process usually takes 2-3 weeks, but in the current global situation it could be slightly longer.
If the test fails, we will notify you within 2-3 days. You will certainly receive feedback from us about the process, but you can also track the status of your application through our application system.
Looking forward to hearing from you,