Gabsee (Stories One) is looking for a freelance community manager passionate about gaming, social and communities. This contributor will embrace our current 11K Discord members community, make it grow and deepen relationships of its members until release and beyond.
Our ideal candidate is self-motivated and autonomous, constantly adapting to new tools and platforms. He already managed Discord communities and has a proven track record of making them grow. Someone with a strong player and cultural empathy that can lead the execution of go-to-market plans.
We want to build a world where players can enjoy a crazy exciting social life. We are bringing them together in tight-knit communities through thrilling, challenging and memorable adventures. We are building a new kind of multiplayer game called Stories One, a Community-Shaped Adventure Game on mobile. It combines the experience of high-school everyday’s life with adventures worthy of a Netflix TV-Show. Set in a small American town in the 80s, players as high schoolers will investigate, cooperate and act to save their town from catastrophes.
- REAL VALUE: We focus on building real value, not perceived one
- SMART EXPLORER: We are smart explorers and we want to be the firsts
- TEAM FIRST: We are all actively dedicated into making Gabsee the dream team
- EMPATHY: We are extraordinary empathic and candid with each other
What you will do
- Develop and execute strategies that push growth and engagement, for our Stories One Discord community.
- Build relationships with Stories One community members and find ways to push for social connections between players
- Proactively participate in the organisation of our first playtest for Stories One. Make the testers feel important by welcoming them in the game, animating the Discord community and providing the best experience for the playtesters.
- Develop innovative community strategy plans that help maximise player retention and increase the reach of Marketing/PR campaigns
- Recruit and manage a team of volunteer moderators for Discord and in-game.
- Plan and execute online community projects and events. (livestream...)
- Do things that don't scale. 1:1 discussion with players on Discord or social media comment for organic growth...
- Run the social media accounts and post regular content on them.
- Find ways to make it viral. Try things with high upside channels like Imgur, TikTok, Reddit...
- Provide meaningful feedback to teams on the community’s sentiment, concerns, and suggestions
We are looking for someone with
- A lot of empathy that will make people feel welcomed
- Good writing skills (Discord message, blog posting, content on social media...)
- In-depth knowledge of best practices for current leading social media platforms including, but not limited to, Instagram, Discord, TikTok and Youtube.
- Kindness. We are designing a non-competitive focused multiplayer game where the community needs to be wholesome.
- Content creation skills. You need some basic graphic skills for all the content posted on social media (Instagram, Discord, twitter...)
- Ability to express himself publicly and in front of a camera (Streaming, AMA...)
- Proactivity and no fear of trying things even if the result is a failure
- Able work flexible hours and weekends as needed
- Video production and / or graphic arts experience with software like photoshop, premiere or After Effects
- Network in community management or influencer relationships
- Mobile game player