Why you want this job
This position is for you if you love games and want to eventually lead your own team and build your own products. I’m looking for someone who’s wicked smart, hard working and wants to break into product management and games.
You’ll report to me (CEO) directly. For me, a PM is a mini-CEO. You’ll get as much responsibility as you can handle. That includes designing features, monitoring analysis and iterations, managing product releases, setting and prioritizing the roadmap, overseeing the marketing plan, leading the development team (developer, art, design, qa), hiring, and eventually the P&L.
You want to work with me because I’m a kind person, I’m smart, and I tell the truth. I’ll do my best to make sure you’re growing in this job, and set you up to succeed if you leave this job. I’ve been heavily influenced by my time at McKinsey and Zynga, and am both skilled and disciplined at making good decisions using data.
You want to work at Fox Cub because we have extremely talented people. I co-founded this company as a remote-first company almost 8 years ago, and we are very good at hiring and operating remote talent. Not all world-class talent want to live in a tech hub. We specialize in finding and collecting those people.
I’m not ready to talk to you about the specific game you’ll be working on. The test should give you directional information, but know that we’re not planning to directly compete with a well-established genre in a well-established market. We think we have a huge (Zynga-sized) opportunity on a new platform. Early results look really good, and there aren’t many competitors yet. We think there’s a 6 month window to establish a leading position.
About the job
Our team is looking for a Social Game Product Manager. You'll work primarily on our new unreleased social game. You will work closely with developers, QA and artists to design and tune new features and content. This is a full-time remote position.
- Design new features and game systems
- Be a communication hub and collaborate closely with with other members of the team to bring the designs to life
- Create tuning models and data in spreadsheets
- Analyze data to iterate on the feature and inform new designs
- Own the development roadmap and feature prioritization process
- Own the results of the roadmap and its execution
- Oversee the marketing strategy
- We don't care where you are in the world, but you must be able to consistently work 9am-5pm Pacific Time, Mon-Fri
- You play lots of mobile and casual games
- You're just as comfortable in a spreadsheet as you are making wireframes or writing tutorial copy
- You communicate complex ideas clearly and concisely and can choose the appropriate medium to best explain it
- You can toggle your perspective between the goals of the business and the fun of the player
- You hold strong beliefs loosely and actively seek feedback and refinement
- Bonus: can write SQL queries
- Bonus: technical or programming background
We collaborate online with Slack, Teamspeak, Github, Miro, Dropbox, and Google Docs.
How to apply