How to Apply
Please introduce yourself and send your resumes & portfolios using the following email subject header:
Your skill level - 3D Env. Lead - Full Name - Current Location
NOTE: for skill level choose: Regular, Senior, Lead, Director or Studio/Team
To help us understand your perspective, if you can and want to please mention:
- What speaks to you in our game/PAX demo video.
- When do you prefer to start.
- Can you do full-time.
- Your freelancer rate range.
- Are you now employed or are on a active contract.
- If your portfolio is not a 80-100% fit, do you want to do an art test.
If you are a good fit, then a follow up email will be sent your way.
- We are looking for candidates that can start in June/July.
- Job Type: Always Remote, 150-170 hours per month or less, if that is your preference.
- Contract: Long Term, Core team member
- Salary: Proper & Competitive. Influenced by knowledge, skill, experience level and location.
- Working with team members from around the globe. Ranging from GMT-4 to GMT+2.
- The premiere of Once Upon A Puppet is target for Q2 2022
As practical & hands-on 3D Environment Lead that is part of the team & project, you would be the caretaker of the 3D art team and the gatekeeper of the high quality look & feel of our (your) game.
You would be an extremely important person on the team.
However 1st you would need to immersive yourself into the look and feel of our theatrical world .
We are very much looking forward to visualizing the whole experience in the upcoming months with you & your 3D team.
At Flatter Than Earth, you’re not "just" an artist. You’ll use your sensitivity, creativity, and strong interpersonal skills, to collaborate in a cross-functional team to create quirky and very memorable theatrical world of puppets.
PAX Prime – Official Judge Selection
During a rigorous selection process, PAX judges invited FTE and our game, Once Upon a Puppet,
to be placed in the best spot next to Sega and Twitch booths. It was a great honor and there was a fantastic amount of interest in our game.ONCE UPON A PUPPET: PAX DEMO VIDEO LINK
To see our most recent work, you will have to join us ;-)To thrive as a 3D Env. Lead at Flatter Than Earth you would be:
- Capable in all aspects of 3D art.
- Be a hands-on leader. Lead by example. Care about your 3D team and others.
- Be a self-motivated self-starter that can analyze his & his teams duties.
- A bias & knack for stylized artwork. LAIKA like.
- A portfolio that shows strong understanding of art theory and execution.
- 4+ year of professional experience in a 3D game art position.
- At least 1 year in a Lead position.
- A minimum of 6 months full-time Unity Engine experience.
- Released at least 1 title in an Art Lead position.
- Ability to match an art style and perhaps expand upon it.
- Be very good at understanding and setting up a complete pipeline
- Have an open and creative mind. Be sensitive to the nuances of our art style & world mood.
- Very good English (verbal and written).
- Be the main force behind creating high quality STYLIZED ENVIRONMENT art based on concept art and/or other guidelines.
- Review art of other members of the team. Provide helpfull feedback.
- Create 3D art that support the level design and the visual narrative/story.
- Create temporary alpha stage 3D as well as final assets.
- Optimize art assets to meet performance goals.
- Create, discuss and provide input on new and existing art.
- Learn what makes our art style special, think how to emphasize the themes and maintain a coherency on all levels.
- Review and maintain a 3D pipeline that is capable of recreating the games style in a Unity 3D environment.
- Adjust in-engine lighting to match mood & atmosphere requirements of art direction (Unity).
- Discuss and communicate your artwork in a clear manner.
- Be an active part of production planning.
Nice To Have:
- Lighting skills (photography etc.)
- UI and/or UX skills
- Knowledge of motion graphics software.
We are offering You
- To be an important part of the development of Once Upon a Puppet, a puzzle-platformer game with tons of fresh ideas, that makes for a very unique experience in this classic genre.
- Be Indie and away from corporate bureaucracy and a heavy chain of command that slows down decision making & creativity.
- Be part of the core team, you will not be a cog in a machine, your voice will always be heard & important.
- Your creativity will not be limited my middle management, only self-limited by "blue-sky" yet realistic ideas that enhance the fun and do not kill scope.
- You will work remotely and manage your own time and location to focus.
- Choose when you want to take a day off or have a longer vacation.
- We at FTE heavily promote a culture free from Crunch. Do not do it, it can have terrible effects.
- Salary is equal to skills and other team members will be glad to teach you or learn from you.
- Your input will have a serious affect on the project and its final form.
- If wanted, representing the game, team & company at game dev. events.
- You will feel you are responsible and a true owner of the game you are making.
- You are learning and evolving with us, Flatter Than Earth, a young team & young company aiming for big things.