We are seeking an experienced visual effects artist to join our team. As an effects artist you will work closely with our Art Director to ensure aesthetics quality is kept at the highest-level throughout all the art assets produced and throughout the product
- Collaborate with Art Director on the visual style of all effects in the game, through verbal and written communication, concepts or reference images/videos
- Identify need for effects in collaboration with environment artists and gameplay designers
- Create atmospheric effects like fog, smoke in collaboration with Environment Artists
- Create effects required for gameplay like impact decals, explosions, muzzle flashes and other related weapon effects in collaboration with Gameplay Designers and Programmers.
- Create certain light and camera/lens effects like lens flares, vignettes and god rays
- Create certain special environment effects such as under water effects and zero-g particles.
- Use the existing tools to create the different visual effects required for the game. And to explore through R&D the technology improvements that could be done to further develop pipelines and tools for development of effects and to communicate this to programmers within the Advanced Gameplay & Effects team
- Solid English skills and good communication skills
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be a self-motivated and energetic team player with a very strong work ethic and cooperative attitude
- Keen artistic eye and exceptional attention to detail
- Passion for making great games
- 2+ years of game industry experience or equivalent
- At least one AAA title shipped as a contributing effects artist