As QA Manager, you will be directing a team of experienced QA testers who are deeply embedded into the game’s production. You will partner daily with our development and content leadership, communicating status across various departments. You will help define critical testing and quality needs, as well as create strategies to achieve them.
Our teams are highly cross-functional so you can anticipate being involved with Animators, Engineers, Designers, and Artists. You will always be working closely with the content creators of the game as we will rely on your QA background and expertise to escalate product and process risks. You will be responsible for maintaining QA best practices and optimal coverage through the development process. You will be working collaboratively within a studio environment that is much more flexible and highly respects the impact QA has on not only the game’s release, but the creative process as a whole.
- Mentor and manage an existing QA team that has regularly shipped a high quality game release. Help to identify strengths, drive team goals, grow the team, and work to maintain our collaborative and healthy QA culture.
- Support existing as well as develop new standards within our existing QA workflows, being a driving factor behind change as the team evolves to support a live online environment.
- Provide feedback and guidance across the project. Identify risk across the project and communicate effectively.
- Synthesize existing project test plans as well as generate new test plans and strategies.
- Deep understanding and love of testing processes, methodology, and vocabulary.
- Deep understanding of the entire game development process.
- Solid analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Ability to collaborate and influence, a passion for generating consensus.
- 5+ years supporting software or game development testing in a leadership role.
- Shipped game experience in a QA leadership role is ideal; live service game experience is a huge plus.
- Experience working in deployment environments
- Experience with game development tools; Unity is a plus but not required.
- Work from the comfort of your home
- An environment where QA is deeply ingrained with the game creation process
- Base salary is negotiable based on experience
- Flexible hours outside of core ones
- Multiple weekly game nights with the team (optional)
- 100% paid health coverage premiums for U.S. based employees