This job posting has already expired. However you can check our other Remote Art and Animation Jobs.
Cyan is looking for an experienced 3D Environment Artist who is highly collaborative, communicative, and self-motivated. The ideal candidate will be responsible for producing raw assets, developing polished game spaces, and maintaining a high level of quality throughout. 3D Generalists with proven excellence using Unreal Engine 4 are preferred.
Most Artist opportunities at Cyan are preferred to be full-time, in-studio positions. Given the current COVID-19 situation, all Cyan employees are currently working-from-home. The same would be true for any potential new hires, at least until we are able to re-open the office. We will only consider remote/contract work for the most exceptional candidates.
- Competitive Salary
- Medical Benefits
- Creative, Collaborative Work Environment
- Flexible Vacation Policy
- Company-Subsidized Learning Resources
- Personal Peripheral Stipend
- Produce game-ready assets through the production pipeline including but not limited to: - High/Low poly modeling
- UV unwrapping
- Texture map baking authoring
- Modular scene assembly
- Work collaboratively, under the guidance of the studio Creative Director, Development Director, Art Director, and other members of the Art, Programming, and QA teams to help make the workflow as efficient and productive as possible.
- Learn & utilize custom toolsets and workflows specific to the requirements of the project.
- Maintain flexibility and a positive attitude while working on a wide range of tasks.
- Informally mentor/advise other art team members (as the need arises).
- Take ownership of assets/areas produced, and make revisions as necessary.
- Be conscious of production schedules, and be responsible for meeting milestone deadlines.
- 4+ years of experience in content creation for games.
- Advanced proficiency in DCC packages such as ZBrush, 3DS Max/Maya, etc.
- Fluency in modern game-art production methodology and techniques.
- Strong visual eye for composition, lighting, and detail/polish.
- Ability to work with minimal direction, take initiative, and adapt to evolving project needs.
- Excellent communication skills. Responsive and timely both in person and when written.
Ideal Candidate Qualifications:
- Proven Unreal Engine expertise.
- 3D Studio Max expertise preferred.
- Previously shipped commercial game titles on multiple platforms.
- Familiarity with SVN (or similar version control systems).
- Previous experience in Adventure, Puzzle, and/or First Person game development.
- A passion for Art and Games.
NO FILE ATTACHMENTS WILL BE REVIEWED! Please provide all relevant portfolio work and resume/CV documents in easily-accessible web-based resources. (Websites, online portfolios, embedded YouTube videos, etc.). Applicants without a link to their portfolio/website WILL NOT be considered.