Platform Engineers at ControlZee are programmers who work on our custom game engine and tools to enable users to play and make awesome games. Although platform engineering is a very technical role, engineering is always a means to an end: to deliver amazing features to users. This is a full-time position.
We have intentionally removed academic qualifications from all our job specs. We welcome applicants of all ages, genders, work histories and academic qualifications who can demonstrate the requirements below. Our work environment is welcoming and open. We value diverse perspectives and backgrounds, and work hard to make sure everyone in the company has a voice.
Develop new platform features, improve and maintain existing features
- Build features for the dot big platform that enable users to do amazing things.
- Work closely with our Community Engineers and our Creator Community to ensure that features are meeting their requirements.
Work with our community engineering team and internal content creators
- Our community engineering team and internal content creators are the first people to use new platform features as they’re developed. You will work closely with them to gather feedback and get features ready for release.
- Demonstrated ability to ship engine features on production games.
- Demonstrated ability to write clean and easy to understand engine code.
- Networked multiplayer gameplay programming experience is a huge bonus, but not essential.
How to apply
Each application should consist of:
- A CV/Resume listing the games, prototypes or demos you’ve worked on that meet the qualifications above, specifically what you did for each one, and examples of code where possible.