Who is Cold Symmetry?
Cold Symmetry was founded in 2017 by a core team of four, and is best known for our debut title Mortal Shell. The studio is composed of AAA creators that bring their passion and curiosity for making games. Our distributed development model allows us to work with the brightest and most talented people in the industry around the world.
Why you’re ready to join Cold Symmetry
You have no time for bureaucracy and process-heavy pipelines. As a creator, you thrive at studios where you are given the freedom to run and own your features without micromanagement. We trust you. We know you’re great. We know what you can do… so let’s create the next visually-stunning AAA game together, and most importantly: Let’s have FUN doing it, together.
Your impact on the team:
- Research and implement new rendering tools, techniques, and processes and how they can benefit the studio.
- Working with the technical and environment artists, develop and leverage rendering technology to suit the game’s visual needs.
- Work with the engine team to develop cutting edge rendering technology for our next AAA title.
- Write and maintain robust, high-quality code which meets performance goals given the challenging technical constraints of the target platforms.
- Analyze, optimize, and improve existing rendering pathways and content creator workflows.
- Collaborate productively, communicating ideas and issues clearly across disciplines.
- Work remotely and independently, providing self-direction when needed.
Skills and Abilities We’re Looking For::
- At least 3 years in the video game industry as a Rendering Engineer, having shipped multiple games across multiple platforms, and are expert in C++ and HLSL or equivalent programming, debugging and optimization.
- Extensive familiarity with Unreal Engine’s rendering pipeline.
- Ideally at least one of titles worked on should have been developed using Unreal Engine.
- Production-minded and practice practical problem solving to deliver under time and resource constraints.
- Ideally passion for and understanding of Character Action titles.
Do I need to meet All Criteria to Apply?
Nope! If you share our mission of creating AAA games in a distributed and high caliber team, we want to connect and learn more about your curiosities, passions and experience! contact us at: email@example.com