We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and proactive Associate Mocap Lead to join our busy Hexworks studio and support driving our games forward as we experience exponential growth.
A career at CI Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Ready for a new challenge? With this role at Hexworks, you will:
- Work on the epic RPG Lords of the Fallen licence and other exciting future projects
- Help with Animation Outsourcers
- Collaborate with the Animation Director, Design and Production to review Outsourcer’s work, making sure it meets our requirements (quality, style, metrics)
- Interact with Outsourcers, passing and maintaining feedback
- Help with Motion Capture shoots
- Collaborate with Animation Director, Designers and Production to plan our regular mocap shoots throughout the project
- Interact directly with motion capture Artists and motion capture studios
- Help directing mocap shoots for gameplay and cinematic animation
- Animate (occasionally)
- Help create animation (Player, Enemies, Bosses, NPCs, Cinematic)
- Using our main software: Maya & MotionBuilder (optional)
- Use initiative
- Take the ownership of the task, make decisions and deliver it following our strict quality requirements
- To constantly research and propose new ideas for reaching higher quality
Let's be honest!
On occasions, this role may be challenging.
- The gaming industry is extremely fast-paced – sometimes the deadlines are tight
- You’ll need to be aware of the schedule and respect delivery time
- Your role will be fully remote (except mocap shoots) which may be sometimes challenging
Please still apply even if you don't tick all of the boxes, but feel your animation skills fit the role.
- Available to travel to mocap shoots in the UK, London area
- 5+ years experience in animation within the games industry
- A strong understanding of our game, 3rd person gameplay animation and the “Souls like” constraints
- At least 1 AAA PC / Console shipped title as an animator
- Professional experience with Unreal Engine or similar engine
- Strong ability to give notes and guidance to external animators in order to reach our requirements (quality bar, style, metrics)
- Strong communication skills (directing mocap shoot, guiding outsourcers)
- Proficient with Maya
- Strong Mocap skills
- A keen animator’s eye for quality
- Fluent English
What we offer:
- Attractive remuneration, holidays and social events. Our environments thrive with collaborative teamwork with people from all around the world, different nationalities, and languages.
- A supportive community inclusive of LGBTQ+, and any age, ethnicity, religion, or disability. We care about the wellbeing of our employees and have a dedicated employee wellbeing programme.
- Flexibility with our core hours, and no-notice holidays.
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Free games and merchandise
- Wrap parties for game releases
- Remote/Homeworking with flexible working schedules (core hours 10am - 4pm CET), a fun environment, and a relaxing culture, including the opportunity to work with the leading technology and creative minds in the world.
- Learn as you work and be part of something real that changes the face of gaming - forever
- Once our Talent Acquisition team receives your application, together with the hiring team, we will review your CV, portfolio and the answers you provided in the application form and if all the boxes are ticked, we're moving to the next stage.
- Initial call with Talent Acquisition Specialist - During this call you'll learn about the company and we learn about you. We'll talk about your experience & expectations with working in a fully remote environment and we'll talk about your expertise. We'll finish this call with some admin questions. There will be an opportunity for you to ask any questions as well.
- After the initial call, usually 1 or 2 interviews with the hiring team follows. These interviews will be a bit more technical and will go deeper into your experience, skills & knowledge. As you would have signed an NDA by now, you'll also learn a bit more about the project you would work on. During these interviews we'll also focus on finding out whether you're a good fit for our company culture and that we share the same values.
- We may or may not ask you to do the test - this is decided on an individual basis and you will receive instructions with the test.
- If everything goes well, the last step in the recruitment process is the offer presentation call with the Talent Acquisition Specialist and your future line manager to discuss the offer and next steps to get you successfully on board.
We are an equal opportunities employer with a commitment to building a diverse workforce, representative of the world we live and game in!
Accessibility is at the heart of our games and we reflect that in how we operate as a business. Should you require adjustments or flexible arrangements to interview, or take up a role at with us, please let us know in your application and we will accommodate to the best of our ability.