Captilight is an independent, fully remote game studio based out of St Pete, FL. We are a small team with team members across the U.S. and Europe. We are currently looking for a Level Designer (Contract) to work on our debut game, Path of Kami.
As a Level Designer, you will be responsible for creating level designs, puzzles and implementing them in the Unreal Engine. Along with updating and maintaining game documentation, a majority of your work will consist of creating puzzles for various levels and world-building.
The ideal candidate is creative, organized, diligent, and eager to make an exploration, casual puzzle game. Success in this role requires a team player with a love of puzzle games who enjoys the creative challenge of exploring the limits of existing game mechanics and features to their fullest, both individually and in combination.
This is a contract position for the span of 2 months with the potential for more work in the future. A minimum of 10 hours per week will be needed and will not exceed 20 hours per week.
- Take level designs all the way from a paper design to a final product, iterating over time based on feedback, creative goals, and project deadlines
- Work collaboratively with all disciplines to design and build levels and their respective puzzles
- Build gameplay moments such as enemy encounters, and narrative events
- Able to track workload and task progress, communicating up-to-date status to the Leads and Production team
- Create and manage game documentation
- Playtest and iterate on level content to ensure highest quality
- Must be an effective communicator who is personable and flexible with their ideas
- Understanding of gameplay and level design theories and practices
- Proficient in using Unreal Engine and Blueprints
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Portfolio demonstrating experience with designing puzzles
- A love for story-based games
- Ability to work well as part of a team
Learn more about us and the project at: https://www.captilight.com/pathofkami
If you’re interested in this position or have any questions, please email us at email@example.com
, please include a portfolio link and resume.