Remote - 6-Month - Work for Hire Contract
Bonsai Collective was founded in June 2019 by Hollie Emery, Benni Hill and Harry Corr after realising that they all had the same goals: creating a studio that creates video games that explores diverse worlds and classic gameplay mechanics, whilst trusting the player to do so. The remote-based studio is now growing, and we’re looking to expand even more over 2020 and 2021!
As well as being passionate about games and their development, we’re advocates for self care, and our employees physical and mental health. To support this, our employees will receive an extensive healthcare package and a base yearly holiday allowance of 33 days, inclusive of bank holidays.
In this role you will be working on Bonsai Collective’s debut title, a sci-fi action adventure game, and report to the Art Director. In this role you will:
- Be responsible for creating high quality 3D environment assets (architecture, level props, organics, etc)
- Work in the Unreal Engine editor to dress white-box levels with environment assets.
- Have a keen eye for environmental storytelling.
- Work closely together with the Level Design Team.
- Creating realistic PBR materials in Unreal Engine.
- Create efficient UV layouts that work well within existing material and texture constraints.
- Be required to collaborate and work well with other members of the team.
- Need to respond to feedback from the Lead Artists to ensure the artistic style and quality of the game's assets remain consistent.
- Professional experience in 3D, video game asset creation.
- Experience with current 3D modelling tools such as Blender, 3ds Max, Maya or equivalent.
- A strong understanding of art fundamentals.
- Comfortable working remotely and able to manage your own time.
All applications are expected to provide a resume and covering letter, plus a portfolio of their work.
Please add the position you are applying for in the email header.