This job posting has already expired. However you can check our other Remote Art and Animation Jobs.
Bladework Games is a new game studio building a brand new living, online, cooperative multiplayer IP for the PC first and cross platform future. We're creating a new take on the ARPG genre, focusing on exciting combat, meaningful cooperative play, and the creation of a truly fun gameplay experience.
We're looking for someone who wants to be part of the core foundation of Bladework Games. An environment artist, who will not only create aesthetically pleasing environments, but also have opportunities to contribute to creative direction and design. As a Senior 3D Environment Artist, you will be responsible for creating high-quality props and environment assets and in doing so, helping to tell the story behind the world that players inhabit. You would be a great fit if you love playing games and enjoy the challenge of building a game from the early stages.
If this sounds appealing to you, we'd love to chat.
- Model high and low poly objects, bake textures, export/import assets, apply materials, and assemble environments
- Proactively participate in technical and aesthetic problem solving discussions
- Integrate art assets into Unreal Engine to set dress and beautify areas
- Work closely with Art Director and Designers to ensure the visual target is met or exceeded
- Highly proficient with Maya, ZBrush, and Substance Designer & Painter
- 3+ years in the game industry with at least one shipped title
- Strong high and low poly modeling skills, with demonstrated skill in quality baking of textures
- Awareness of architecture, engineering fundamentals, PBR materials and lighting
- Ability to skillfully world build; terrain sculpting, painting, prop/vegetation placement, and set dressing
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively
- Experience with Unreal Engine
- Strong concept development skills
- Knowledge of basic color theory
- Understand the principles of good composition
- Ability to be resourceful and come up with creative solutions
- A web portfolio that demonstrates a range of high quality 3D rendered samples and 2D texture art
- Examples of lit interiors/exteriors
- A range of hard surface and organic models
- Samples from previous industry work
- Architectural rendering samples
- Environment art concept samples
- Complex material examples in Unreal Engine