No crunch. No core hours. Work the way that suits you.
Bitwise Alchemy is a consulting studio that solves the tough problems for AAA studios and other game tech companies. Our growing team has decades of experience in AAA video game development building and leading large projects.
Bitwise Alchemy is looking for a Senior Engineer to work with us on exciting initiatives with major industry partners. Unlike traditional studios, we offer a unique way to leverage your game development skills:
- Never crunch. Our engineers have a maximum number of hours they can work each month (approx 160h), minus any holidays or PTO.
- Flexible work schedule that respects your other commitments. For example, it would be fine to take every Friday off and make up the hours on other days.
- Work with many different game companies, technologies, platforms, and IPs. Typically an engineer can expect to work on the same project for 3-12 months at a time.
- Live where you want. We are a remote-only company, during and after the pandemic.
We offer full time employment in the US and Canada, and can contract elsewhere.
- Industry leading salary
- At least one month severance
- Matching 401k (USA)
- Generous health, dental, life/disability benefits (USA).
- 7+ years of software engineering experience.
- Strong C++ skills.
- A desire to explore new projects and solve tough problems.
Having experience in some of these areas is important:
- Unreal Engine 4
- Networking and Multiplayer
- Backend service development
- UI development
- Multiple platforms (Consoles, Mobile, PC)
- General game dev experience (tools, animation, gameplay, AI, etc)