Full Time Permanent Role. Remote - UK Based. Annual salary £38-40k per year.
Bithell Games was founded in 2013 after the success of Thomas Was Alone, and has since continued that success with a string of games, from original IP, to collaborations on licensed IP. We’re known internationally for our often surprising, but always entertaining projects.
Our team is made up of a mix of full time and contract employees, all working remotely since the company’s founding. This lets us work fast, creatively and with more flexibility. We take enormous pride in the quality of the games we produce, but put equal weight on our company’s treatment of workers. We have never crunched, and we never will.
We have a number of exciting projects on the boil right now, and are hiring for a range of roles. We’re excited to continue to expand our team and make more awesome games.
Currently, we’re looking for a Senior Animator. You’ll be responsible for character animations across our upcoming project. You’ll work with our character artists to rig characters across the game, and produce a range of animations to capture the combat, action and traversal of a cast of athletic characters in a third person context. You’ll work with our programmers and designers to implement your animations well. You’ll be an essential and respected part of our team.
- Rigging 3D humanoid characters, and collaborating with our 3D artists to produce great assets.
- Producing a range of action, combat and traversal animations, working with Unity’s humanoid animation system.
- You’ll be part of defining animation standards and best practices for your project, and working with other animators to maintain them throughout the project. You’ll take part in creative feedback conversations across the team.
- We’re a small company, so we value collaboration with team members across all disciplines, and you’ll be expected to communicate and work well with the whole team.
- You’ll be expected to iterate quickly.
- You’ll be a proactive and positive contributor to the project, and support your team.
- Advanced rigging skills.
- Multiple shipped games as an animator, with awareness of Unity’s pipelines.
- Experience with action and combat animations.
- Excellent communication skills.
- An interest in game design, particularly game feel.
Nice to have:
- Console development experience.
- Experience with Blender.
If you don't fit every single requirement, we encourage you to apply anyway!
If you’d like to apply for this job, please send an email with subject line ‘Senior Animator’ followed by your name. Please include a CV, links to any work or portfolio as appropriate, and any other relevant information. We’re excited to hear from you!
Bithell Games is an Equal Opportunity Employer and you’re welcome here. We highly encourage members of marginalised and underrepresented groups to apply for this role.