Contractor. Remote - UK Time Zone +/- 2 hours. 5 month contract, day rate negotiable.
Bithell Games was founded in 2013 after the success of Thomas Was Alone, and has since continued that success with a string of games, from original IP, to collaborations on licensed IP. We’re known internationally for our often surprising, but always entertaining projects.
Our team is made up of a mix of full time and contract employees, all working remotely since the company’s founding. This lets us work fast, creatively and with more flexibility. We take enormous pride in the quality of the games we produce, but put equal weight on our company’s treatment of workers. We have never crunched, and we never will.
We have a number of exciting projects on the boil right now, and are hiring for a range of roles. We’re excited to continue to expand our team and make more awesome games.
Currently, we’re looking for an Environmental Concept Artist. You’ll work to produce a range of environmental concepts for a varied urban environment with a sci fi twist. These will range from overarching mood pieces, to specific designs for architectural elements and incidental props. You’ll produce art at a range of finish levels, from sketched ideas to a few final renderings to inform style and in-game render. You’ll be an essential and respected part of our team
- You’ll produce a number of pieces exploring the locations and architecture of our world, producing sketches and designs which can be built and iterated on by our 3D artists.
- You’ll produce mood pieces, along with our other artists, to explore and define the tone and feel of each corner of our world.
- We’re a small company, so we value collaboration with team members across all disciplines, and you’ll be expected to communicate and work well with the whole team.
- You’ll be expected to iterate quickly, but also be able to clean up and produce highly polished work as necessary.
- You’ll be a proactive and positive contributor to the project, and support your team.
- A portfolio showing experience in concepting urban environments and consistent architectural designs.
- Some experience of designing for modular or procedural environmental art.
- Excellent communication skills.
If you don't fit every single requirement, we encourage you to apply anyway!
If you’d like to apply for this job, please send an email with subject line ‘Environmental Concept Artist’ followed by your name. Please include a CV, links to any work or portfolio as appropriate, and any other relevant information. We’re excited to hear from you!
Bithell Games is an Equal Opportunity Employer and you’re welcome here. We highly encourage members of marginalised and underrepresented groups to apply for this role.