Ascendant Studios is in search of a Senior VFX Artist to help develop industry leading visual effects for our brand new IP. Our ideal applicant will have a wealth of experience creating top tier effects. Previous experience with UE4 a big plus.
This is a full time position. We are all currently working remotely due to Covid-19, but once we return the position may either be based in our office in San Rafael, CA, or remain fully remote.
- Create visual effects that communicate the visual pillars of the game.
- A critical eye and strong understanding of the FX systems and real-time engine performance
- Find effective solutions to solve difficult problems in production.
- Implement creative optimization solutions without sacrificing visual quality.
- Using cutting-edge effects techniques, create all types of photorealistic, high quality effects for environments and dynamic systems. Create new effect textures from scratch and, where possible, improve on existing ones.
- Concept, prototype, present new effects, dynamic environments, objects; partner with internal teams (artists, animators, designers, and engineers) to ensure visual quality bar is met.
- 5+ years of professional experience as a VFX artist in the video game industry
- Advanced skills in 3D/2D Software - Maya, 3DS Max, Photoshop
- Experience creating high-quality “AAA” real-time VFX and understanding of modern-day real-time FX systems, engines and technology
- High proficiency in VFX development, including fundamentals like timing, shape language, color theory
Good to Have
- Shipped at least one recent AAA title as a VFX Artist.
- Experience with Houdini in a production environment.
- Experience in Unreal Engine Cascade and Materials.
- Experience working in several game development tools, pipelines, and game engines