This job posting has already expired. However you can check our other Remote Art and Animation Jobs.
Arctic Theory is looking for an Art Director to join its Game team.
As Art Director, you will work closely with the Creative Director to oversee the visual aspects of our game. This includes realizing the overall aesthetic vision of the game, communicating openly and effectively with the rest of the creative team and overseeing the art production pipeline.
- Establish the art direction and develop the visual style for the title
- Ensure the success of the creative team by developing efficient workflows and quality results
- Work with external partners to enhance the game’s visual style
- Provide mentorship and guidance to artists to promote individual growth
- Identify game elements that do not match the overall game vision and brainstorm with the team or external partners to address them
- Take ownership of art production and resolve issues that may arise
- Provide useful feedback to artists and external partners
- Help with scheduling and planning alongside production
- Maintain a healthy and respectful work environment
- Experience shipping several titles as art director
- Experience providing art direction across art disciplines
- Experience managing teams and guiding a variety of art styles to completion
- Knowledge of the general game market and trends
- Knowledge of all work assets, and understanding of how best to use and implement them to their best effect
- Experience with workflows, scheduling and planning
- Excellent communication and strong leadership skills
What we offer:
- A work environment that promotes growth, creativity and innovation
- Flexible work hours
- Great office space in Hafnarfjörður, Iceland, and the opportunity to work remotely
- Lunch on-site three times a week on top of free drinks, snacks and coffee/tea
- Regular staff hangouts (fx. barbeques, gaming sessions, movie nights)
About Arctic Theory:
Arctic Theory was founded in the summer of 2020 by game industry veterans with decades of experience working on some of the most ambitious, acclaimed multiplayer games. Our mission is to push the boundaries of multiplayer gaming, with a vision centered around collaboration, creativity and community. Taking aspects from traditional MMOs and social networking, our team aims to deliver a new, evolved experience in the multiplayer genre.