ABOUT US: Archiact Interactive is a Vancouver-based Virtual Reality (VR) Game Studio that develops new and unique ways for people to play games and interact with each other. We partner with IP holders, large publishers, and tech brands to create and deliver immersive, high-end game experiences across multiple platforms with a special focus on building new tools for cutting edge emerging technology. We are a hybrid studio with employees all across Canada, reporting into our headquarters in Vancouver, BC. We have a new studio incorporated in Toronto, Ontario. Our Ontario studio is 100% remote at this time, with plans to open a new office in the future.
OUR GAMES: We have published over 30 VR tiles since 2013 on every major platform and in every major global market. Recent titles include DOOM 3: VR Edition (on PSVR), FREEDIVER: Triton Down (on PC, PSVR and Oculus Quest), and MARVEL: Dimension of Heroes (a smartphone-powered Superhero experience built for Lenovo Mirage AR). We are currently in the early stages of several new and highly innovative projects with prominent industry partners and are searching for the best and the brightest to help us transform the world of VR game development.
OUR VALUES: Archiact’s core values are focused on innovation, diversity & inclusion, kindness & respect, creative integrity, open communication, and the strong belief that VR game experiences offer unique opportunities for human connection, discovery, well-being, and joy. At Archiact, equity, diversity, and inclusivity is developed and directed by our employees, allowing us to build innovative and immersive experiences that are accessible and meaningful to a wider audience. We seek to build a diverse team, and to nurture a safe, inclusive work environment where everyone can thrive.
ROLE OVERVIEW: This is a permanent position. We are looking for an Environment Artist to join our World team on an incredibly exciting new project. You will be part of a small team of AAA vets who believe that VR’s time is now and want to make the next big VR game event.
We are a Vancouver-based studio but are happy to consider candidates from all over Canada to work remotely. We also offer relocation assistance to foreign workers.
If you are shortlisted, you may be asked to perform an art test.
ABOUT YOU: You enjoy working in a close-knit and collaborative team with a wide range of skill sets. You are a good communicator, well-balanced and inspiring to work with. You understand the basics of making game-ready asset art and are familiar with the latest software and modeling techniques. You live to raise the quality bar and passionately care about game art and how you can contribute to it.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Working closely with the Lead World Artist, you will be responsible for creating props, player items, environments and other elements that make up our game world.
- 2+ years of game dev experience on shipped titles.
- Proficient with 3D modeling software and able to build low/high poly art assets.
- A professional portfolio demonstrating the above.
- Demonstrated above skills and experience with world hero assets like ships, weapons, world assets and foliage (characters and creatures a plus).
- Proficient in all stages of the development of a game-ready asset (prototyping, modelling, UV-unwrapping, baking, texturing).
- Experience creating tileable materials.
- Experience creating and using trim sheet and modular system for the architecture.
- Familiar with game art best practices with a keen eye on its limitations as well as its future visual potential.
- A good communicator and fast learner with a passion for improving your art.
- Experience working in Unreal Engine on a shipped project.
- A team-player attitude with the ability to collaborate effectively with various stakeholders in a fast-paced environment.
NICE TO HAVE:
- Game dev experience in VR.
- Experience working with shaders.
- Proficient in Z-brush, Substance Designer/Painter, and other like software.
- Experience working with VR/AR hardware.
BENEFITS & PERKS - WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?:
- A competitive base salary.
- Comprehensive extended health and wellness benefits including employee assistance program (in effect from first day of employment, premiums paid in full by employer).
- Annual Health & Wellness allowance.
- 3 weeks paid parental leave (top-up on EI).
- Paid studio closure for the Winter Holidays.
- We offer the choice of fully remote, in-studio, or a hybrid work arrangement for Vancouver employees. Team members in other provinces are welcomed on a remote working basis.
- Relocation assistance for candidates outside of BC, Canada.
- Fully equipped onsite gym.
- An opportunity to work on a high-profile IP.
- The chance to be part of an experienced, high-achieving and fun team.
- An international and diverse atmosphere.
- The opportunity to help pave the way for the future of VR/AR gaming