Remote APAC/Southeast Asia
The Art Director will be responsible for the overall quality of any art incorporated in the games produced by Altitude Games. This person should be knowledgeable about the technical aspects of drawing, texturing, and coloring. They need to have a good amount of creativity, and will be required to visualize how a game would look once it is finished.
The Art Director should have remarkable leadership skills with the ability to share his/her knowledge and be a skilled communicator with excellent team management skills. He or She will also have to be able to work independently under pressure to produce results under a tight schedule.
As a key member of the team, the Art Director will take charge of the initial concept and game design and see it through to final delivery.
- Provide artistic leadership and lead a team to drive the overall vision of each project.
- Provides mentorship for the artists and coaches them.
- Build a learning environment within the art team and implement processes of artistic research.
- Nourish the artistic vision by looking for sources of inspiration outside of the mobile game industry.
- Leads in controlling the unity of all visual parts of a project.
- Monitors the team output and ensures the expected artistic quality is reached.
- Contribute to the art pipeline definition and help develop milestones for the art team.
- Assist the project team in defining the project's art style, while complying with any specifications from the producer or publisher.
- Conveying expectations, both in terms of the level of quality and content (backgrounds, environments, characters), to the art team.
- Develop high standards of quality.
- Supervise and approve work completed by the art team to ensure that the work produced comply with the vision for the project, as well as meeting standards for quality.
- Guide the development and ensure the maintenance of the flow of the art team's tasks.
- Manage employee’s performance evaluation and disciplinary follow ups.
- Active participation in recruitment (CV and portfolio sorting; test corrections; interviews; etc.)
Requirements and qualifications:
- Must have at least 3 years of game art production experience, including at least 1 year as an Art Director or Art Team Lead.
- Excellent artistic and technical skill sets (concept art, illustration, UI design)
- Experience in art production and art quality assurance in a game development environment.
- Knowledge and proficiency in current 2D and 3D applications including Photoshop, Blender, Spine.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Passionate about video games, with a strong interest various art styles.
- Possesses a positive track record in terms of developing, mentoring, and managing art teams.
- Knowledge/reasoning when it comes to game development and the realities of production, both from technical and conceptual standpoints.
- Tactful and a strong communicator, able to mobilize and inspire a team.
- Critical with a keen sense of observation, and able to express their ideas.
- Independent, rigorous and equipped with excellent organizational skills.
Why Work With Us?
We want to be the best place to work.
- We do most of our work remotely, so you can work from home or wherever you like without worrying about Metro Manila traffic
- You control your own time; we don’t count hours or leaves. We only care about results
- We also have an office in Makati and have co-working days if you want to socialize!
We make games that people love.
- We develop games from end to end, on ideas and genres we love
- We want to make games that people can’t wait to tell their friends about
- Our games strive to showcase the best talent in the country and inspire other developers, too
We do our best work on every game
- You will be surrounded by highly skilled, creative people who do amazing work
- We inspire each other and push ourselves to do our best work possible
- We learn from every project and create opportunities for each person to grow and learn new skills
If these sound appealing to you, we'd love to meet you!
How to Apply
To apply, send us your resume and cover letter. Please include any online links to your projects or demos.