Airlab, a company created by the founders of Ubisoft, is looking for a 2D/3D game artist.
Working within a small team with an entrepreneurial mindset, you will participate in the development of innovative mobile games. Open mindedness, a strong interest in mobile games, and a desire to keep on learning are key assets for this position.
As a game artist you will join our international team to create intuitive and modern mobile games, in a fast paced environment. This is an excellent opportunity to help expand your talent and work with passionate and talented developers.
For your first mission, you will work on a dungeon crawler type game powered by artificial intelligence. You will lead the process of creating the graphics theme and style of the game as well as creating 2D / 3D assets, game fx, game environments within Unity.
Skills & Requirements
- Active participation in the elaboration of the game concept
- In charge of the entire graphic side of our games
- Rapid creation of prototypes that can envision what the final product will look like
- Create, animate and integrate in Unity characters, environments, VFX and UI
- Close collaboration with your teammates from game conception to production and above (liveops, marketing...)
- Strong affinities for mobile gaming and background in gaming design
- Understanding of game balancing, pacing and feeling
- Proficiency with softwares such as Blender, Maya, 3DS, Photoshop, Illustrator
- Solid experience with Unity engine
- A passion in 2D, 3D, animation, FX, UI
- Ability to integrate your work into Unity with UX, mobile layout and performance/optimization constraints in mind
- Bring new game ideas and design new features
- Able to work quickly and efficiently
- Comfortable learning on the fly
- Eager to grow professionally
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and listening skills
- You speak fluent English
How to Apply
- Send your application to email@example.com with:
- 📄Your resume + ✏️portfolio of your work
- ☝️Read the job description carefully and let us know why you believe you’re the right person to take on this job
- We will contact you for an interview
- You will then be asked to show us your skills with a small test + debrief
About the Company
Founded in 2017, AIRLAB is owned by the founders of the Ubisoft group.
The AIRLAB team is composed of passionate researchers and developers who keep pushing forward their knowledge in Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence. As such, they constantly train and adapt themselves to emerging Technologies.
Advertising, User Acquisition and more recently Mobile Games development, AIRLAB is currently exploring and deploying AI techniques in all these areas.