Who We Are
Founded in 2005, 2K Games is a global video game company, publishing titles developed by some of the most influential game development studios in the world. Our studios responsible for developing 2K’s portfolio of world-class games across multiple platforms, include Visual Concepts, Firaxis, Hangar 13, CatDaddy, Cloud Chamber, and HB Studios. Our portfolio of titles is expanding due to our global strategic plan, building and acquiring exciting studios whose content continues to inspire all of us! 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including sports, shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, casual, and family entertainment.
Our team of engineers, marketers, artists, writers, data scientists, producers, thinkers and doers, are the professional publishing stewards of our growing library of critically-acclaimed franchises such as NBA 2K, Battleborn, BioShock, Borderlands, The Darkness, Mafia, Sid Meier’s Civilization, WWE 2K, and XCOM.
At 2K, we pride ourselves on creating an inclusive work environment, which means encouraging our teams to Come as You Are and do your best work! We are dedicated to diversity and inclusion, and want our community of candidates to reflect this commitment. We encourage all qualified applicants to explore our global positions.
2K is headquartered in Novato, California and is a wholly owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).
What We Need
Do you love technical and tactical challenges that come with delivering multiple high-profile projects played by millions? Do you have hands-on chops and a deep understanding of end-to-end system interactions required for building and maintaining mobile F2P games? We are seeking a star all-rounder who will be instrumental in the further advancement of 2K’s mobile publishing technology.
What You Will Do
- Explore, prototype and conduct deep dives on emerging client and server publishing technologies
- Collaborate with multiple technology teams across Take-Two; selectively absorbing tools while contributing to the greater organization’s tech stack
- Be an influencer on mobile game development, software design, practices and standards. Provide game development and optimization expertise
- Represent Mobile Engineering in partnership with product managers to support technical needs of existing projects, including vetting potential new studio partnerships
- Lead efforts to define technical outcomes, tools and solutions for a cohesive and frictionless experience for our development partners
- Write clean, robust code and contribute to a shared knowledge base and documentation depot
- Be instrumental in bringing 2K titles to upcoming platforms
What Will Make You a Great Fit
- 7+ years of technical professional work experience
- Experience managing direct reports
- A deep understanding of the F2P mobile ecosystem as well as system requirement to power a scalable/high-availability game
- Expert at cross-team collaboration, able to advocate for mobile developers
- Experience building client-side SDKs and plugins for Unity and Unreal Engine with proficiency in C#, Obj-C/Swift and Java
- Prior involvement setting up, managing and integration with cloud infrastructure (AWS, GCP)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A demonstrated curiosity for learning new technologies and absorbing skills
- BS, MS in CS, related discipline or equivalent
- You’ve built you own game using Unity or Unreal Engine
- Proficiency in C++
- An understanding of deployment management best practices and hands on experience with infrastructure as code
- AWS or GCP certification
- Familiarity with web development standards and frameworks such as ReactJS
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to ensuring that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform their essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us if you need reasonable accommodation.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com accounts.