Our award-winning team is seeking passionate, self-driven individuals to join us as we change the face of computer graphics through innovative art and profound technological advancements. Ziva is a space where the best and brightest can excel in their craft while being given the space to grow and the opportunity to cultivate their talents. The Ziva team is made of great minds and unique personalities who all share an appreciation for problem-solving, fast-paced collaboration, and ambitious ideas.
Ziva Dynamics is located in one of the world’s most liveable cities, Vancouver, Canada. Often termed ‘Hollywood of the North’, Vancouver has grown to become an internationally recognized hotbed for the visual effects and entertainment industries. We are proud to play an active role in our local community. Ziva strives to offer a work-life balance that lets everyone accomplish great things while enjoying everything this city has to offer. Ziva is currently accepting applications for in-house and remote roles, with priority given to those who can join us in person at Ziva HQ.
We are currently seeking a Build Engineer based in Vancouver.
What you will be doing…
- Provide the developer teams (your customers) the best possible tools for their work
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal and external stakeholders through effective written documentation as well as one-on one and group presentations
- Creating efficient and effective ways to automate and implement software tests in the context of CI
- Be a subject matter expert in Dev/Ops to improve CI/CD pipeline using open source tools such as Jenkins, CMake, Spinnaker
- Building out devops function including building chain dependencies, running new code versus older versions, static analysis, working within an agile framework
- Demonstrating knowledge of Windows, Linux, and MacOs systems
Who you are…
- 5+ years experience managing the build and release cycle for software written in C++ or other natively-compiled language
- Ability to design, build, operate and automate a CI/CD pipeline using open source tools like Jenkins, CMake, Spinnaker
- Experience with automated software tests in CI
- Mastery of git, branching, rebasing, submitting pull requests
- Competence with Python and shell scripting
- A degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Worked in a startup environment
Why Ziva Dynamics?
- Ziva’s employees embody Excellence, Collaboration, Courage, Openness. We are looking for experts in each role who are continuously striving to grow, improve, and learn.
- Each employee contributes to empowering creators with the tools to produce high-quality virtual characters in ANY digital form. You have the ability to make an impact in a real way.
- Flexibility to work remotely and co-locate in a newly renovated Vancouver office close to the skytrain and West Coast Express.
- Health and dental coverage, vacation time, upcoming stock options, and competitive compensation.
If not a Canadian citizen or Permanent Resident, the candidate must have a minimum of an advanced degree and/or five years of demonstrated specialized experience as a Build Engineer.