YALLAPLAY currently has a career opportunity for a Mobile Games Product Manager. This position is full-time and can be worked remotely.
As the Game Product Manager, you will own the games successful operation, feature definitions, roadmap and manage the lifecycle of our product. As part of the core team, your goal is to work closely with Art, Design, Engineering, Live Ops and Production teams to plan and execute the mobile game’s roadmap.
As a small team, you will need to wear several hats and support the executive team in creating and releasing successful games. You will think like a player as well as a business owner and must be able to translate player behaviors into action items that drive our KPIs and translate into revenue-enhancing decisions. The Product Manager's mission is to drive the financial performance of the game forward, in close collaboration with the executive team. The candidate will be responsible for identifying opportunities and strategies to drive increased performance in the areas of acquisition, engagement, and monetization.
We are looking for a Product Manager who not only understands game KPI's, but also understands how systems and mechanics can be improved to move metrics. You will drive features through the entire development process all the way from initial design creation through to optimizing the feature once it is live.
You will work closely with the game design team to drive best-practice strategies in defining game mechanics and fine-tuning the game economy. The ideal candidate is passionate about games, truly understands big data, and can extract, manipulate, and analyze data on their own. They have the agility to manage projects on their own and understand how they work in a fast evolving, data driven company. They have the organization and people skills to work smoothly and communicate effectively with our Producers, Designers, and Engineers.
- Own the game - be the main point of contact, chief problem solver, and principal collaborator for game development, marketing, and live operations to ensure the game's continuous growth.
- Know the competition and industry trends - stay up to date with industry trends in game design, executions and operational best practices.
- Own the data - analyze game and user data, constantly improve users’ game experience. Leverage the power and knowledge of our extended BI or Machine Learning teams to find trends and optimization opportunities.
- Champion and rally internal and external cross-functional groups to effectively guide projects from development to launch and throughout their product lifecycle.
- Continuous improvement - work closely with the Engineers, Designers, Animators and Artists to continually improve our games and support on developing new games through identifying, testing, and measuring highest impact product changes to drive positive revenue via monetization features, reach and retention enhancement.
- Experiment & learn – understand game metrics to inform hypotheses, and create experiments with clear and measurable success goals - added value and improved ROI are expected.
- Voice of the customer - explore and learn how and why customers engage with our games. Become their voice and represent their needs throughout the development process.
- Develop roadmaps - help define clear and concise focus areas by identifying the desired business outcomes, priorities to improve, and defining measurements to achieve this goal.
- Design features – work closely with our product teams to develop new features and workflows that help unlock the potential of all teams to deliver more value to our players.
- Own schedules and processes – interact with engineering and production to create schedules and own all commitments and operational plans. Anticipate and make tradeoffs to balance the business needs versus technical constraints.
- Champion transparency – communicate project status and roadmap to internal and external stakeholders such as project consumers, group and department leadership, and internal and external development teams.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience as a program manager, product manager, or similar role, responsible for shipping widely-used customer-facing products, preferably mobile games.
- Proven product management experience driving features from design to implementation.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills; the ability to derive conclusions from data is critical.
- Experience working in an agile/scrum environment.
- Critical thinker: ability to not only understand how a feature will improve the overall user experience, but also how it will move metrics and why it should be prioritized higher than other features.
- A love of mobile games: you’ll need to play a few competitor games extensively and try to deeply understand both our game and our competitors.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Preferably experienced with JIRA, DelaDNA, Adjust, AppsFlyer and other analytical tools commonly used in the gaming industry.