We’re building a universe. That’s a bold statement right? Still reading? We like you already.
This is an ambitious gaming metaverse startup and we’re looking to work with an equally ambitious and talented team of creatives. Our team is looking for a highly skilled Game Programmer to join our creative ranks. Below you can find all the bullet points you are used to seeing in these job posts, like qualifications, things you already know about, so feel free to breeze through and send us your portfolio and let’s have a conversation.
Your main mission:
- Collaborate with a small close-knit team to develop, prototype and maintain major game systems and engine architecture using the Unreal Engine emphasizing correctness, performance, and extensibility in areas such as gameplay, character behavior, effects, VFX, sound, camera behavior, animation and implement polished gameplay experiences.
- Write and maintain technical design and software system documentation.
- Analyze and optimize systems as required.
- Identify opportunities for improving our general or application workflows, and implement these changes.
- Debug and fix crashes, concurrency issues, and platform-specific problems.
- Grasp the complexity of project planning and implementation, including scope of work, time estimation and resource allocation.
- Develop and integrate cutting-edge technologies to produce a state-of-the-art game experience.
- Use your extensive expertise in game development to ensure the product is fun and meets the highest standards of quality, performance, and polish.
- Function as part of a fast-paced close-knit team: collaborate with artists and tech to achieve a unified vision for our project.
- Contribute to the growth of a startup studio.
- 1+ years of game programming experience in AAA game development.
- Proficiency in Unreal Engine development.
- Experience developing for Virtual Reality and developing bridges between cutting edge hardware through APIs.
- Strong, proven C++ programming skills, including performance analysis and code optimization. Competence in writing solid, reliable and efficient code.
- Proficiency in most of the following areas: gameplay, physics, 3D graphics/rendering, game logic, networking, optimization.
- Self-starting, self-reliant personality and willing to pitch in on many areas of game development.
- Interest in interpretive dance ( wait you’re still reading?!)
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related fields, or equivalent experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English.
- (A plus) Ability to develop custom pipeline applications, APIs, and tools using Blueprint and C++ while maintaining clean, correct, organized, efficient, and well-tested code.
- (A plus) Lead or team management experience in AAA game development.
If this opportunity sounds like a great fit for you, please submit your resume and portfolio and we will get back to you once we have reviewed it.
We hope to see you in THE FUTURE.
*CUE AWESOME SOUNDTRACK*