Our indie game studio, Trese Brothers
, is looking for a part-time marketer with social media experience to take the lead on our brand awareness & influencer marketing efforts.
Over the past 10 years, we’ve built a large, active playerbase whose reviews & evangelism have driven our success on platforms like Steam
. Now with our next game
in development, we want to hire someone who can help our social presences catch up to the success of our games, and keep awareness growing among gamers & industry influencers.
We're looking for a freelance marketer with games industry experience, who can grow with the role over the next 2 years. Social media management (with a focus on influencer identification & engagement) is the core of what we're looking for today, but we'd like to find someone we can trust to take the lead in other areas, potentially growing into our full-time marketing manager.
Trese Brothers produces carefully-crafted tactical RPGs known for their deep systems and endless replayability. We're a "gamer's game studio" focused on high-quality, frequently-updated, long-lifespan games for a single price (no microtransactions, no DLC).
Our latest game, Star Traders: Frontiers
, is a desktop & mobile success, and was one of Rock Paper Shotgun's "Best Games of the Decade on PC."
We’ve come a long way from our original mobile-only RPGs
, though they are top-rated games with millions of downloads and active playerbases to this day.
We're a lean, efficient team that has kept a close personal connection to our players. We focus on creating lifetime fans, and are counting on our marketing approach to reflect that.
The Role & Responsibilities
To start, we're looking for someone to spend 8-12 hours a week on 3 main responsibilities:
- Grow TB’s brand and social channels through regular content & fan / gamer engagement (primarily on twitter & reddit).
- Identify and manage relationship-building with influencers.
- Identify time-efficient (for both the SMM and any extra input needed from the brothers) opportunities for monthly “sprint projects” that could benefit us on other platforms or outside our regular efforts.
As much as possible, we're looking for someone who can run with this themselves, and ask for our time, input, and personal outreach where it will really make a difference. We're here for you -- we'll have an ongoing discord channel and a weekly check-in to share assets, answer questions, and hear your ideas -- but we're creating this role so that our studio's brand marketing can have a leader, giving it the focus time it deserves while we are absorbed in game development.
To help you hit the ground running, we have a trusted marketing strategy partner who can work with you over the first month or more to provide guidance on our approach, and coaching & feedback to help you succeed in the role.
What We're Looking For in Applicants
- Strong grasp of marketing fundamentals -- segmenting & understanding audiences, creating messaging that serves the audience and us, making analytics meaningful.
- Professional social media experience.
- Update scheduling, the strengths & weaknesses of tools like Hootsuite.
- Twitter lists & advanced search usage.
- Facebook page management.
- Personal or professional Reddit experience.
- Gaming community experience. You're a gamer, you spend time in gaming communities, you have strong general knowledge of game genres / trends / popular titles.
- Comfort with basic graphics editing / formatting.
- Professional but human-sounding writing, comfort with outreach.
Ideal (but don't let a lack of these stop you from applying):
- Comfort with graphics creation / advanced editing in Photoshop.
- PR experience.
- Gaming industry experience. You've worked with other developers or publishers before, understand game marketing and what influences visibility on platforms like Steam, understand the process of an indie game studio.
To apply, send us an email telling us in your own words what appeals to you about the role and why you'd be a good fit for it. Please include links to examples of your work, including a twitter account you manage. We'd also appreciate screenshot examples of any influencer outreach you've done, over email or twitter.
Agencies & recruiters, please do not reach out; we're looking for an individual for this role.