Team17 are seeking experienced freelance Producers and Project Managers to support our worldwide, multi-award winning games label.
We at Team17 are impassioned about the games we build, and we’re always looking for others who share our spirit. We bring together world class developers who love to create fun, quality, independent games.
We have the opportunity to work on a wide variety of exciting indie games development projects, spanning many genres and multiple platforms. We pride ourselves in the work we do with our developers in helping them to deliver amazing gaming experiences.
The XP (external production) team at Team17 work closely with our developers to ensure that the team are freed up to focus on delivering the best possible game. We work with developers to put sustainable plans in place to deliver their projects, track and monitor progress, and help to remove the roadblocks that get in the way of the team delivering the best possible game. Above all, we have fun in what we do and get real satisfaction from supporting our partners in their development journey.
If you’d like to find out more, we’d love to hear from you, so please get in touch. As our games label partners are based all over the world, we are happy to speak with prospective candidates in any location.
- Building and maintaining a strong development relationship with our Games Label partners based upon trust and a shared desire to deliver the best possible game on time and in full.
- Undertaking regular calls with our label partners to support project delivery and help them navigate the games development process.
- Reviewing the overall progress of assigned projects through regular milestone reviews and playtesting.
- Identifying the need for additional support on our Games Label projects to help our partners achieve the best possible outcome for their projects.
- Supporting developers to create a realistic and sustainable project plan, with an emphasis on simplicity, minimising risk and maximising value.
- Maintain a realistic project schedule and ensure that Team17 responsibilities such as localisation, age ratings, user research and console submissions are undertaken at the appropriate time.
- Utilising good project management techniques to manage the overall scope, budget, schedule and quality of our Games Label projects.
- Undertaking accurate monitoring and reporting of project status and risks to production leadership and other stakeholders as required.
- Maintaining required production documentation on assigned projects and ensuring all meetings are followed up with clear notes and action points.
- Overseeing QA testing and platform submission strategy, prioritising and triaging issues, and ensuring testing alignment with development plans.
- At least two years of experience in a production role within the games industry.
- Excellent project management skills and experience, with a good understanding of the principles around managing uncertainty.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise a varying workload effectively.
- An up-to-date knowledge of the games industry and gaming trends.