Talofa is seeking a Senior Unity Engineer for our new social fitness game in development. We’re looking for someone passionate about working with a collaborative remote-first team. This Senior Unity Engineer is responsible for architecting scalable systems for a live-services game and providing engineering & technical support for the other developers.
- Build and maintain a highly scalable and performant game within Unity
- Build infrastructure for a live-operated mobile game, staying up to date with the latest versions of Unity
- Create and document technical designs as needed for new features and communicate across departments.
- Develop responsive User Interfaces for mobile phones.
- Work with Wwise to integrate dynamic interactive audio experiences and music.
- Work together with the art, audio, and narrative teams to ensure that the content pipeline is scalable and implementable
- Work together with the engineering and design teams to ensure that the final product is reflective of the game vision.
- Perform code reviews and be willing to pair and mentor other team members regularly.
- 7+ years of professional experience in Engineering
- 5+ years of professional experience in building mobile games in Unity (C#)
Nice to have:
- A love for running or gamified fitness products and games for social impact
- Understanding of DevOps (CI/CD Pipelines, Automation, etc.)
- Experience working with Unity Addressables and CDNs
- Professional development experience with Wwise (for audio integration)
- Professional development experience with web technologies and cloud technologies such as Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, or similar services
- Experience developing native applications for iOS (Objective C) and Android that interface with Unity or using Unity as a Library (UaaL).
- Experience with native location, accelerometer, and/or sensor APIs for geolocation-based gaming
- Curiosity about the web3 gaming space
If you’re seriously interested in this position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
with your resume and cover letter in addition to applying here.