Talofa is seeking a Game Server Engineer to join the team of our newest social running game in development, Run To My Heart. This individual will work with the product team to build flexible and scalable backend structures and tools, and persistent game systems for gamified fitness experiences. The Game Server Engineer will build game logic that supports multi-player, real-time, location-based systems. We are looking for someone who is a quick learner, understands system design, and has experience building large-scale production systems.
- Design client-server communication APIs.
- Create and document technical designs as needed for new features.
- Building a scalable system on Google Cloud Platform.
- Identify and fix client and server performance issues.
- BS in Computer Science or related major.
- Excellent Java skills
- Professional development experience with web technologies and cloud technologies such as Protobufs, Google Cloud, or similar services is preferred.
- Experience developing and maintaining and running live ops for server backend.
- Experience in Jira/Confluence and Agile Frameworks.
- A love for running or gamified fitness products
- Medical, Dental, Vision Health Insurance!
- 401K Matching
- Unlimited Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Permanent Remote Work